Is butyl tape enough?

isonychia

So my first fantastic vent I ordered through Amazon seemed to have been previously returned and the thing would only open manually. I missed my window to install the unit with temps closer to 70 and since I have a hole in my roof with a tarp over it... I gotta do something. Dicor needs 70 degrees for application and I couldn't find anything about nighttime temps but, it gets below freezing here most nights still. My question is; Can I install the fantastic vent on bright, clean aluminum with warm butyl tape on warm surfaces (utilizing a hairdryer or heat gun on low) and just use that as my seal until the weather warms up enough to apply dicor? Seems like marine guys use this stuff for everything.

I would try and find some red liner 3M body side molding tape at an auto parts store. Waterproof and good to extreme temps.

cwd

You should be good with the tape until the weather warms up. My Fantastic Fan is opened by turning the knob. I'm unaware of one that opens automatically. Where are you located? Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

This one is the 3350, thermostat, rain sensor, powered open to work with rain sensor, etc. Its to keep the dogs cool.

Nice. Might have to look into that one for a future upgrade. Thanks for sharing. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom