Is the Keystone model worth the extra money?

Brewskier

Advanced Member
There's an extra foot of space, but there is also 200+ more pounds of weight, and pretty much the same interior as the Grandby. I like how the Grandby model is flush with the bumper in 8' beds. The Keystone sticks out a little (but not a lot).

Anyone have any opinions on these two models? I never see the Keystone model discussed online, maybe because it is newer.

The Keystone has been around for a long time, I think. I have seen a couple OLD ones in my short time knowing what I was looking at.

Personally, I think being flush with the bumper is the deciding factor over an extra foot.

If I had it to all over I'd have gone with the longer bed and the bigger camper. Hindsight. Regrets though? Not really. I'll probably keep this setup till I'm too old to pop the top.

If I had it to all over I'd have gone with the longer bed and the bigger camper. Hindsight. Regrets though? Not really. I'll probably keep this setup till I'm too old to pop the top.

You know, my old Granby works fine as is, don't miss not having indoor plumbing except when its snowing outside-have a porta potty if I need it to use outside. But as been mentioned before I would need a 3/4 ton with a longer bed to make things work right-as is I just bought those new rear springs for my F150-works great, but as mentioned above I will probably have my old Granby till I can't pop the top anymore. Maybe if I had a F250 and they made that model when I bought mine in 05-could have had different thoughts! Indoor plumbing!

Smoke

With hindsight might have gotten the Keystone - my wife might then actually come with me on some of my trips! But I love my current setup.
[/quote

So, your current setup must be pretty cute, eh?

Sorry, I can't let a perfect straight line like that one get by me.

Whenever I get around to pulling the trigger, it'll probably be a Keystone, for the same reason cited here. It's what the wife insists on. The girlfriend, too :rolleyes:

Foy

Back
Top Bottom