Isabella camping chair with headrest

RicoV

Anyone know where I can pick up an 'Isabella camping chair with headrest' here in the States? Isabella is a UK company but from all appearances this chair might be the most comfortable one anywhere around. Sometimes I like to rest my head when I'm sitting, and I like to sit upright (not at a slant), hence why this chair is so appealing. Ideas, anyone? Or similar alternatives I should consider? Thanks,
Rico. isabella_camping_chair_with_headrest_uk.jpg

Well, I had to give up on my quest to obtain the Isabella chair since the company only ships within the UK and adjacent countries. So I kept on searching and eventually found a reasonably suitable facsimile of the Isabella but available in the States. It's the Ultimate Recliner chair by Alps Mountaineering. Priced around $70 at a few vendors, it offered what I've been looking for: high back w/ headrest, ultra stability, breathability, worthy armrests, and several backrest positions (from nearly straight up all the way down to star-gazing mode. Did my usual custom add-ons, in this case: 1) a pair of velcro straps to hold armrests in place once position is set; 2) a cup holder stolen off my previous Cabelas chair; 3) slight mod w/ gorilla tape to lessen the built-in lumbar support; 4) long wraparound webbing strap w/ quicklock clip when folded up for travel; 5) velcro straps to manually adjust headrest height. I likey. This is just too cush, guess I've moved into glamping territory now.

Attachments

• alps_mtnrng_ultimate_recliner_chair2.jpg
    alps_mtnrng_ultimate_recliner_chair2.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 145
Back
Top Bottom