Jack Bracket Ski Rack

SkierTrash

The idea of putting a cargo box on top and having to go up and down a ladder to load/unload skis was rather off putting to me, and storing wet skis inside was not going to happen either.

Came across similar looking setups on various forums/reddit and decided to build my own out of some 2'' angle aluminum and unistrut.

The aluminum bolts to the jack brackets and unistrut spans the gap. Feels quite solid, at least not any less solid than storing them on the roof of a vehicle. I'll likely need to find a larger ski rack in the future as we often carry 3-4 sets of skis with us on trips, but this will work for the time being.

IMG_0996.jpg

SkierTrash said:
The idea of putting a cargo box on top and having to go up and down a ladder to load/unload skis was rather off putting to me, and storing wet skis inside was not going to happen either.

Came across similar looking setups on various forums/reddit and decided to build my own out of some 2'' angle aluminum and unistrut.

The aluminum bolts to the jack brackets and unistrut spans the gap. Feels quite solid, at least not any less solid than storing them on the roof of a vehicle. I'll likely need to find a larger ski rack in the future as we often carry 3-4 sets of skis with us on trips, but this will work for the time being.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0996.jpg
Nicely done!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom