Jackery charging

Golytely

Has anyone charged a Jackery power station via the camper “cigarette lighter” power supply while driving? Will it work or drain the camper battery? Or fry the system? Just dont want to try it and not blow something on our trip. Ideas?

Has anyone charged a Jackery power station via the camper “cigarette lighter” power supply while driving? Will it work or drain the camper battery? Or fry the system? Just dont want to try it and not blow something on our trip. Ideas?
Which one?

The smallest ones would be ok. The larger ones probably draw too much current for a cigarette lighter 12 vdc connector and its wiring. The wiring should be fuse protected so you would just blow the fuse.

The biggest one is likely 2 to 3 time the size of your camper battery and would deplete the battery if you somehow connected the two and had no other power source.

We charge our 1000 all the time when driving, it has always worked well for us, just remember to unplug when not driving, or keep an eye on it, if you want to charge from solar. Although if you aren't driving you can just plug the jackery into their own solar panels assuming you have them along. We store our two jackery panels under the mattress and pull them out when setting up camp.

Thank you. Just to be clear- you plug Jackery into camper cigarette outlet in the camper and it charges the Jackery while you drive? No overheating wires or plug etc? I will unplug when stopped yes

Yes, we've plugged it into the 12 V outlet, and no, no overheating. I would say that results will probably vary based on your particular electrical configuration, I know there is a lot of variability out there. I don't think it's a high risk to plug it in and give it a try on a half hour drive, or even just idling in the driveway you can monitor your input for a bit and see how it goes. 12 V charging is much slower than charging by solar or AC, but if you are driving anyway, and your camper battery is already charged, might as well charge the jackery, at least that is the way I feel.

Back
Top Bottom