Jackery SolarSaga Panels

GearHd6

I took advantage of the early Black Friday deal through Jackery and have a power bank with 2 panels coming. I'm wondering if I can plug those panels directly into my FWC solar port on the camper to assist the 250 watts that are on the roof? I'm not very familiar with the whole solar thing yet.

GearHd6 said:
I took advantage of the early Black Friday deal through Jackery and have a power bank with 2 panels coming. I'm wondering if I can plug those panels directly into my FWC solar port on the camper to assist the 250 watts that are on the roof? I'm not very familiar with the whole solar thing yet.
Yes/No. Have you confirmed that you are talking about the portable solar plug on the rear of the camper? Get a VoltOhmMeter and check if you have 12v there, that will confirm that the wires are hooked up to the batteries,

Now, does the Jackery allow for you to bypass the battery on the Jackery to feed the output of the solar panels/controller into a different battery?

Vic Harder said:
Yes/No. Have you confirmed that you are talking about the portable solar plug on the rear of the camper? Get a VoltOhmMeter and check if you have 12v there, that will confirm that the wires are hooked up to the batteries,

Now, does the Jackery allow for you to bypass the battery on the Jackery to feed the output of the solar panels/controller into a different battery?
My thoughts were to skip the power bank entirely and run the panels right into the port at the back of the camper. The solar charge controller that's already in the camper won't work? Or that port at the back of the camper doesn't go through the controller and goes right to the battery?

I don't actually have the camper yet. It's on order.

If you asked for the camper to be pre-wired, the wires from the portable port will likely pass through the area by the sink, where they can be cut and wired in as you wish. (I'm working from recall here, and could well be mistaken).

If you wanted to do as you describe above, you would have to confirm that those wires go all the way to the solar controller or Battery bank. The polarity is often reversed, so that should be checked anyway.

It is unlikely that the solar controller is big enough to handle a second solar array. I tried that on my Hawk build and ended up with two Victron 75/15 MPPT controllers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom