Jarbidge

pvstoy

Decided to head out to Jarbidge and see what the flowers look like. Kinda spotted. 20200704_170746_resized.jpg

Yup, looks just a bit parched, but still teeming with good ol' Jarbidge sublimity. I'll add an update when (if?) we pass through as hoped for in mid-Sept.
Rico.

We did a big loop through Jarbidge and bact out at Mountain city. Thin on the wildflowers so no real work with the camera. Seemed the flowers got hit hard with rain and hail and a little past prime.

Off we went to the sand dunes north of Winnemucca off sand pass road. The Morman crickets are out. Crunchie on the road.
20200705_205520_resized.jpg

Did you enter Jarbidge from the Rogerson, ID route, and exit via Meadow Creek Rd?

Leaving Mountain City headed towards Winnnemucca, did you pass over Maggie Summit and through Bull Run Basin, Tuscarora, Midas, etc? That's a route I've been curious about for a long time.

Foy

Headed in 6 miles south of wildhorse reservoir on sr225 and came out onto sr225 near mountain city. Took sr225 to Elko and i80 to Winnemucca. 30 some years aro went Wilson reservoir to Midas, Galconda. Some parts were poof fine powder dirt.

Patrick, thanks for the trip report into northeast Nevada. Just when I was going to ask about Mormon Crickets, you provided the answer. :) Jarbidge is so fascinating as one of the ancient locations of the current Yellowstone hot spot. We've not yet visited the dunes near Winnemucca. Lots of good spots out there.

Back
Top Bottom