Jerry can mounting

ymc2272

I would like to mount a jerry can seat to the back of my Eagle. Any suggestions on where to mount, what type of screws, etc...Ideally, I would like to bolt it into the aluminum frame, but don't know how to locate the studs.

THanks

finding studs

Marty discovered awhile back that a stud finder will work to locate the studs on the camper. He used it on the inside to locate them. If you are going to mount a can on the back, you will want to bolt the holder all the way through the wall and use some cap nuts on the inside so that it will look ok and you won't have a bolt end sticking through that you can run into.

Hello ymc2272

There was a good thread on this awhile back.

See link here ...

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236&highlight=bumper

If you are going to through bolt it on the rear wall of the camper, you will probably have to remove the camper trim and peal back the aluminum siding to get an accurate locating of the framing. It might be done other ways, but you probably don't want to miss the frame by mistake and have an extra hole there :)

The easier way might be to fabricate a bracket and mount the can to the "jack bracket" if you have them, or to the bumber.

Hope this helps.

Good luck on your project.

Attachments

• Gas Can Rack 2.jpg
    Gas Can Rack 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 411
  • gas can rack 3.jpg
    gas can rack 3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 418
  • Tacoma with Eagle #14.jpg
    Tacoma with Eagle #14.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 384
I think Stan is right. I'd hate to drill a hole on the edge of frame and not notice until the can falls off.

Back
Top Bottom