Just Placed My Order! WooHoo!

So Cal Adventurer

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered my FWC!

I must first say, in todays age, i am very often disappointed with the lost art of customer service, not the case here.

Chris from Rocky Mountain Four Wheel Campers has been absolutely amazing on the phone and emailing back and forth to tweak it to my odd requests.

Yes, i am willing to drive all the way to Colorado to pick it up, he was that great!

Here is what i ended up with for my 2014 Toyota Tundra:

Hawk
Front Dinette
Silver Spur In/Out
Jacks
85L 2 Way Fridge
Furnace
Water Heater
Awning
Yakima Tracks on Roof
Ext Light Package
Rear Steps
Flush mount stove/sink
Rear Flood Lights
Powered fan (mounted above bed)
Extra Fan

As with all my stuff, i will be altering it a little to fit my needs, mainly charging all my photography gear.

I will be transferring the following over from my current setup onto the camper:

(2) 100 Watt Renogy Panels
Group 31 AGM Battery
2000 Watt Sine Inverter (mounted hidden but vented with outlets on counter)

Excited is an understatement, been waiting to finish my research and pull the trigger for almost 2 years now!

Picking it up mid February, as it was already a camper they had ordered for inventory and just tweaked it to my liking to get it faster!

Pics and detailed writeup soon!

Also thanks to Pax aka Dave for answering all my dang questions! :)

Kevin

RedJeep68 said:
Just hope Chris didn’t sell you ours! [emoji848]

Ours is going on a 2016 Power Wagon

See you on the trail!
Oh man, he told me about those crazy power wagon folks! Hahaha! Just kidding!

Ill be traveling up from San Diego to get it. You? If its the same pickup date, probably will be if in February, lets grab a bite

Kevin

PokyBro said:
Congrats Kevin!

What a great time of year to place your order, Christmas will be fun just knowing its coming!
Thank you sir! This is my gift to myself this year!

Congratulations! I'm in San Diego too and I just ordered a Hawk (from a different vendor) and am freaking out on it. I was most impressed with the patience of the guys I went through - I had a million questions about little tiny details about the camper and made decisions that I would change five minutes later - and through it all the guys were calm and cool and gracious and made me feel like I wasn't a freak. FWC must have special training seminars for dealing with first time buyers like me - now I'm just watching the calendar. Sound familiar?

paddlesurf.net said:
Congratulations! I'm in San Diego too and I just ordered a Hawk (from a different vendor) and am freaking out on it. I was most impressed with the patience of the guys I went through - I had a million questions about little tiny details about the camper and made decisions that I would change five minutes later - and through it all the guys were calm and cool and gracious and made me feel like I wasn't a freak. FWC must have special training seminars for dealing with first time buyers like me - now I'm just watching the calendar. Sound familiar?
Oh man, i 100% know that feeling, i went from building a shell to buying a loaded one, and back and forth like 20x hahahaha

check your PMs
Kevin

I am in the process of trying to pull the trigger ....LOL. Working with Pete and Stan at the Factory in Woodland has been great. What has not been great is the Credit Union flip flopping on the ability to finance a truck camper....grrr. My baby to be is a fully loaded model. My patience and the deadline before the price increase are wearing thin. I'll keep ya posted.

Congrats. We ordered our Hawk from Gary Morrissey up here in BC this past fall. Ordered a very similar setup, Silver Spur exterior and front dinette and other goodies, for our Tundra. Now we're trying to remain patient and wait for our delivery.

Congrats Kevin. I got mine Dec 1. Great experence from American RV in Azusa in spite of their bussiness plan. They realy were professional . Too bad closing down .feel sorry for employees.

The more I see the camper -- good workmanship. My shell model is more rommy than I thought .

Kali said:
I am in the process of trying to pull the trigger ....LOL. Working with Pete and Stan at the Factory in Woodland has been great. What has not been great is the Credit Union flip flopping on the ability to finance a truck camper....grrr. My baby to be is a fully loaded model. My patience and the deadline before the price increase are wearing thin. I'll keep ya posted.
We used lightstream for financing, worked flawlessly at a decent rate...

I got a date for mine being finished of 1/9. It should be at O’Neil Overland about 7 days later (last one for a full truckload). I can’t wait, it’s as bad as a kid Christmas am

Machinebuilder said:
I got a date for mine being finished of 1/9. It should be at O’Neil Overland about 7 days later (last one for a full truckload). I can’t wait, it’s as bad as a kid Christmas am
Congrats! The suspense is already killing me!

If all goes to plan, I will officially place my order tomorrow. Talk about a nail biter.....LOL. I wonder how many people are rushing to get their orders in?

My only regret is that I haven't been able to spend as many nights in it as I would like. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine

Back
Top Bottom