K-Os joining the club!

K-Os

The Hawk has arrived! Thanks to this forum for valuable pre-purchase information. A special thanks to Kilroy for letting me check out his Hawk.

Got the Hawk with aluminum exterior, 100 Watt solar, compressor fridge, yakima bars, flush mount stove and sink, side-dinnette, 2 batteries, thermal thing-a-ma-jig, furnace, front slider window, and awning. Lift assists exterior front, exterior shower, one vent with fantastic fan, LED lights everywhere.

I think that sums it up.

Adding, rear lift-assist with 40# struts into factor-drilled pilot holes. To the Tundra - added front hitch for bikes, rear hitch-mounted cargo hitch for fire-wood, crab-pots or whatever. Thinking that would also make a good spot for welcome mat and muddy shoes while in camp. Thanks to Kilroy for adivice on anti-rattle hitch devices.

Only one issue from factory. One of the exterior downward LED's does not work. They sent me a new light but it's actually a lack of juice to this light. Removed front right cabinet to look for connection but seems like rug is very nicely adhered and I don't want to tear into it until I speak with the service dept.

Southern Oregon is the base. Hitting the coast next weekend. This summer its all about Eastern Oregon. Let's go!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 125
Congratulations! Sounds like you got one with the works, even if not everything quite works yet. Welcome and we await your trip reports.

Alan

Nice To See You On Here, Let's Go Explore SE Oregon Soon! (Hot Springs Abound)

Call Or Post If You Need Assistance

Congrats on your new camper. Looks like you have a very nice package.
We're Nor Cal based here, so we may see you on the road on day.
Enjoy and post some photos, interiors especially. TR's are a great way to get to tell us more about yourself.

Sage, Haven't Met In Person Yet But Would Enjoy Your Company. Maybe We Could Get Rayct And Bwht4x4 On The Trip Too.

Lots of new campers on WTW this year. Congrats on yours. Like Andy said takes lots of pictures we love pictures.

Bill

KILR0Y said:
Sage, Haven't Met In Person Yet But Would Enjoy Your Company. Maybe We Could Get Rayct And Bwht4x4 On The Trip Too.
We will probably be at Malheur in April or May. Would base camp w/the Airstream (Page Springs), and poke around w/the FWC.

OT: Just bumped into an Eagle and a Hawk at Borrego Springs, and a nice looking Silver Edition Hawk at 29 palms.

Sounds like fun guys, but that OR border from us is an 8 hour drive. Burns OR is a 12+ hour drive. We have our second baby due this September so we'll be close to home throughout the summer I'm guessing. That is unless I draw a premium elk, deer or sheep tag and then the wife said I could still go as long as I was here for the birth.

Adding my congrats to K- O too. Nice looking camper. Like your receiver hitch in front for your bikes.
I put one on my Tacoma. Bikes stay lot cleaner now on our trips to the hot springs in the desert. Maybe front hitches are coming back
As they were big in the '70's - '80's - mostly to move boats around on small lots.

we need a trip report Karl, you're killing me! How'd the trip go with your family?

Kilroy

Back
Top Bottom