LED Bulb replacement - exterior porch lights

Ronanmd1

Hey guys - I searched on the forum, but got a bit confused with the various responses. I am looking to replace the existing bulb on my 2013 Hawk exterior porch light (the one with the amber lens) with a LED bulb. Can anyone provide an LED bulb number for this applications?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, pull the existing bulb and get the number off of it. You should then be able to cross reference over to a LED replacement. My guess is it's an 1141 bulb, and there are a number of LEDs that will do the job. If you can't get a number, get the number of contacts, and how the locking bayonets are positioned, then visit a RV shop. Make sure the replacement fits in the housing, as well as fitting the socket.

https://www.google.com/#q=led+replacement+for+1141

I put these in. Can't find the thread it is out there some where.
EDIT: Did find a thread on porch lights.

sml_gallery_1903_734_84608.jpg

sml_gallery_1903_734_26157.jpg

sml_gallery_1903_734_41611.jpg

sml_gallery_1903_734_77980.jpg

Looks like you've got enough suggestions where to get a lamp. We made the same mod on our 2008 Hawk porch light.
It's great to be able to leave on the light and not worry about the juice.

RE: Porch light
Is anyone having trouble with the switch? Our is finicky and requires multiple flips to get it working.

Yes with the finicky switch. Our porch light wouldn't turn on during a recent trip. Naturally, now that we're home it's working fine?

The switch on my porch light gets dusty and stops working. I have to turn it on and off about 50 times to clean things up and get it working reliably again.

Back
Top Bottom