Little Red Campfire

Squatch

I picked up a Camco Little Red Campfire. Our truck camper ('12 Eagle) has 2 10lb propane bottles as opposed to the normal 20 lb'er. The camper can run the stove and the furnace for some time on one of them. So that leaves the other for this. The idea is for quickly setup or campgrounds that don't allow wood fires or during burn bans. I like a wood campfire! But I can see times when this might be fun and handy.

It came in today so I thought I'd try it for a few. It's very windy today. Like 35-45 mph gusts and chilly.

The Campfire and one of my tanks.

Set up.

I also bought the optional cooking grid. It's for pots not meat on the grate.

Couple of fire pics. I didn't burn it long. just set it up, checked for leaks, lit it and took some pics. Pics were hard to get between daylight and the wind. I did feel some heat off the fire as well.

I bought one of these because they're usually allowed during Fire restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Wander The West mobile app

Nice we also like a wood fire, to sit around. Wife also like one at home. Might not be the same as a log fire but you get the ambiance.
Russ

PaulT said:
What is propane consumption rate? How much flame time per pound of propane?

Paul
From what I've read gas consumption varies greatly depending on how high you have the flame. It's adjustable. From what I've read many folks have gotten several evenings of fires on a tank.

I have one of these and overall I would go a different route if I had to again. 1st is it puts off almost no real heat. You have to be very close to it to feel anything at all. 2nd is when it is turned up it makes a "hissing" sound. This is the air going though a small restriction valve and is pretty loud and off putting to say the least. My brother purchased a a different firepit with the same idea, just not as small. It has a much better flame and has lava rocks that retain and radiate the heat. These wont ever replace finding a nice large stump that will give you heat and coals for hours on end, but in Camp grounds or fire restrictions they work great. Here is the one my brother has and I would recommend above the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Outland-Firebowl-Portable-Propane-Fire/dp/B007UMD2L0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1477331475&sr=8-12&keywords=outdoor+fire+pit+propane

Back
Top Bottom