Longer Cabover

Beach

Wondering about the possibility of FWC ever building a camper that would allow for N/S sleeping arrangement. Would it be that big of a modification/redesign of the current frames to accommodate the extra weight out there on a longer lever arm. This would allow for storage on both sides of the bed for clothes or whatever and easier access for the person now sleeping at the front of the bed.

I have a 05 Hawk that the cab over bed converts into a queen with the pullout. With a longer cab over, there wouldn't be an intrusion of the pullout into the main area of the camper is what I'd like. Plus the added storage would be nice.

My 1998 Ranger II shell had NS sleeping up top. It was too narrow for EW sleeping. That was why we chose the king bed option when we plurchased our 2016 Grandby.

we have an ATC Cougar - I built the slide out for N/S sleeping but it also works for E/W sleeping (I am 5'10"). No problem cooking when the slide out is out either.

I asked about exactly that a while back and was told no, then.

I can see why. If the overhang length is extended then the depth of the camper over the cab needs to increase in order to properly support it. This is why campers that don't have the pull-out are taller in that area than the FWC's.

Back
Top Bottom