Looking for a lightweight crapper?

rotti

Ah.....good old Montana ingenuity.

S_CLOGO_notag.jpg

http://www.theoriginalcrapstrap.com
I know you guys with 1/2 tons are trying to save weight.....here you go. :D
Myself, I've got some old motorcycle tie down straps I'm going to try out.
Pics to follow!

One more thing where you say "I wish I had thought of that". Interesting. There aren't enough trees in the desert where I find myself venturing the most to warrant one of these straps. I just got the seat for the 5gal bucket. That and cat litter goes a long way.

ETAV8R-you got a point there-usin desert types have to learn to adapt, but it still looks great for those trips in the trees! :love:

Smoke

The tree strap was invented by a girl, for a girl I think. Gota keep your feet out of the splash zone is what I've been told by the ladies. I know more info than is wanted, but isn't that the purpose. Guys do have the luxury of standing for #1. My wife has always said guys don't get it when they take a girl camping without a toilet. I guess I do and don't see a guys need for the tree strap. Stand #1, squat #2. That's all I'm going to say about that. As far as a light weight crapper for #2. A plastic catch bag @ the drop zone. You get the picture.

Smokecreek1 said:
ETAV8R-you got a point there-usin desert types have to learn to adapt, but it still looks great for those trips in the trees! :love:

Smoke
Smoke, I think the strap and crap would work ok in the desert on J-trees or saguaros, no? Just don't get too close!

Doug Stewart said:
Smoke, I think the strap and crap would work ok in the desert on J-trees or saguaros, no? Just don't get too close!
But in the high desert of the Great Basin? Need some mighty stout sagebrush...

The strap can also be used with a truck bumper, front or rear, when there are no trees.

In the Marine Corps we were taught to use an E-tool. Use it to dig the cat hole, then fold the spade 90 degrees to the handle. Sit on the shovel with the handle near your calf and your thigh is on the spade. Sit there all day if you want. Very useful and comfortable.

And then...there's always just squatting, as humans have been doing for >100,000 years.
(no equipment required, other than legs)
Try it, it works! :D

MarkBC said:
And then...there's always just squatting, as humans have been doing for >100,000 years.
(no equipment required, other than legs)
Try it, it works! :D
Nope, not with my knees....I'd end up on my back in need of a hazmat team.

I'll second the army shovel method. Forgot about that. Used that years ago.....ahh memories.

Back
Top Bottom