Looking for camper

jdj

I'm looking for a FWC for my 2005 Tundra Crew cab (four door). I'm in Bozeman but can travel a reasonable distance - especially if the skiing is good. Thanks.

Hello jdj

If you want to send me your name and e-mail address to ... stan@fourwh.com

I can let you know if I hear or see anything come up for sale out that way.

Also keep your eye on www.Craigslist.org and www.usedfourwheelcampers.com

You will want to focus in on the "Hawk Model" -- you will also need to find a camper that was built in 2001 1/2 or newer (2002, 2003, 2004, etc.).

The older Four Wheel Campers (2001 1/2 or older) will usually be too wide to fit in your truck.

If you want a longer camper, you could go with the "Grandby Model" and leave the tail gate in the lowered position - camper would be sticking out some. You would probably need to add some helper springs or air bags on the rear suspension of your truck if you decide to go with the long camper.

Good luck on your search.

=================================================

FIT LIST:

Toyota T-100 & Tundra Trucks will only fit the newer style ”full-size” Four Wheel Campers. We narrowed the base on the Hawk & Grandby in the middle of 2001 especially for the T-100 and Tundra owners. If you have a T-100 or Tundra and are looking at used campers, take some careful measurements of the camper and your truck bed before you buy. The Older Hawk & Grandby Models unfortunately will not fit. The tailgate opening on the Toyota is usually the biggest factor. The older campers are 60" or 64" wide where the camper will be sitting in the tail gate opening. The newer campers are 58" wide in the tail gate opening area (specifically to fit the T-100 & Tundra Trucks).

Back
Top Bottom