Member Titles

Bseek

Gypsy Feet
I am curious about the member titles some people have. I don't see any way for a member to set their own, so is this something "gifted" by the moderators?

Mr. Mumbles
Card Carrying Geezer
Free Range Human
Fellow Wanderer
Magellan
come to mind, but most have Senior member or advanced member. What's the deal?

Click/tap your name to bring up your personal items.
Click/tap "My Settings"
Half way down you should see "Member Title"
Enter your new title as desired

Paul
ps. Just changed mine to Certified Geezer

PaulT said:
Click/tap your name to bring up your personal items.
Click/tap "My Settings"
Half way down you should see "Member Title"
Enter your new title as desired

Paul
ps. Just changed mine to Certified Geezer
Just followed your directions. Member Title option does not come up on my settings. Must be a gift from the gods. :D

Not sure about the 'Gods'... But if someone wants a title and can't change it themselves, send me a PM.

That said, I will need to edit someone's profile to see if it can be done by a moderator... Tuff Guy, BSeek... Volunteers?

Edit: something I just noticed is Paul T is a senior member, but Bseek and Tuff Guy haven't hit the post threshold (500) to become a senior member. I suspect there is a software switch that is set when you hit that mark. I will ask Janet if that's the case. I also just noticed that Bseek saw that before me. Maybe I should do a better job of reading!:(

They used to be assigned by our esteemed founder, think it's mod-able by yourself in settings these days.

The option should appear here...if it appears at all:

WTW-Settings-1.jpg

I don't have that option. Here is what I see:

Wow, that was a long code. I hope it works.

I think I am a senior member due to longevity. I have been around since 2009, and there have been system changes that I think grandfathered me in.

If you want to assign my title how about "Gypsy Feet"?

craig333 said:
I have the option. Used to be there was story behind those.
I may start rethinking about posting in the "Bone head move" and the "Done something really stupid" threads...

Bseek said:
I don't have that option. Here is what I see:

Wow, that was a long code. I hope it works.

I think I am a senior member due to longevity. I have been around since 2009, and there have been system changes that I think grandfathered me in.

If you want to assign my title how about "Gypsy Feet"?
Like Craig said ... There is a story behind each title. Careful what you wish for. :)

marc said:
Like Craig said ... There is a story behind each title. Careful what you wish for. :)
During DirtyDog's tenure as owner, he would award member titles as they were earned. My favorite tale about an awarded nick name can be found here -

WTW Black Rock Rendezvous

Senior Members have found they have the power to edit. Need help? Moderator Wandering Sagebrush is going above and beyond the call of duty. I'm considering changing his title to "nice guy".

Take marc's warning to heart. :)

The names usually came from stories of what happened at a rally. The one Ski3pin refers to, Mr. Mumbles, Fireproof, and even mine somewhat, though it wasn't a rally, just us camping with Dirty Dog.

Which gets me thinking, out of respect for DD's sense of humor, I changed my signature back to what he originally put in. There were some WTW T'shirts that said this.

Back
Top Bottom