Memorial Day Weekend 2014 - Nevada

Great Write up, Love the picture of the night sky! Sadly it was cloudy up here so missed the meteor shower.

We were in a hidey hole along the MT border, far from light. No meteors, but plenty of birds and antelope. Thanks for a great report on another cool spot in NV to check out!

Dang it, Ski. Not only do you get up earlier, hike farther and faster, but you also get your TR posted sooner ;)

I'm still messing around with processing images and the usual excuses, but will put together something to share soon.
Great TR, as usual. You got some good wildlife shots from lizards to birds and butterflies. We missed the lone 'lope crossing into Ione, but glad you caught it.

Too bad the Camelopardalids didn't materialize. But . . .we were ready!

Great TR as always, Ski. Too bad we didn't join you, but we were able to find some quiet spots with wildlife over the holiday weekend ourselves.
Dang it, Ski. Not only do you get up earlier, hike farther and faster, but you also get your TR posted sooner
Andy, I learned this long ago when camping with Ski. I don't even try to compete, I'm not worthy. Gotta make your mark some other way. That's why I usually go for the entertainment gig. :p

Ted said:
Gotta make your mark some other way. That's why I usually go for the entertainment gig. :p
You're right, Ted. We each have our own unique talents. You have taken the entertainment gig to the level of performance art. :D

Ted said:
Andy, I learned this long ago when camping with Ski. I don't even try to compete, I'm not worthy. Gotta make your mark some other way. That's why I usually go for the entertainment gig. :p
There is never any intended competition. I'm way too old for anything like that. The blog posts are just fun to do and I do like to have fun. :D

Lighthawk said:
You're right, Ted. We each have our own unique talents. You have taken the entertainment gig to the level of performance art. :D
Andy, you sure have that right! And on top of that, Ted is just a darn nice guy, just like you! :)

Happy and safe travels my friends!

Another great TR. Love the wildlife images. That butterfly looks like one of the many types of Checkerspots. One question I have is whether Lighthawk's fishing license paid off. Guess I'll have to read his TR, eh?

That's a big zero, High. I just donated $27 bucks to NDOW. If they treated bears better in Tahoe, I wouldn't mind.

I tried fishing the Reese the first evening, but saw nothing but fingerlings. The water was generally less than a foot deep with a lack of pools, and an abundance of brush. I tried fishing several patterns our first evening, but saw nary a rise. I'll note that we all commented on the lack of insects in camp and on the hike.

Our second day I carried the rod down the 600' descent from camp to the stream a second time. That day we did find a decent beaver dam on a tributary with at least one catchable trout, but alas, I had left my pack at the confluence and was walking lightly with just a camera.
I just need to work out my fishing obsession somewhere else. :p

Back
Top Bottom