Micro Jumpers

Beach

I would like to get a micro jump starter. Does anyone here have any recommendations on the best brand and or model units. There is an abundance of them online and while some reviews are good short term, I would like to hear from people that have had them for 2-3+ years and how they are holding up..

Hi Beach
My buddy bought one of these at the SEMA show a couple years ago. I know he has used it to help a couple of folks.
I would recommend (my opinion only) buy a quality one. Probably not relevant but I think of the phones which have a melt down, which is why I would buy one from a company putting a little r/d into their products. Not some knock off, with marginal manufacturer specs.
JMO.

Russ

Beach,
Ditto CougarCouple, buy quality. Also, beware of cheap and counterfeit micro-starters. I bought a Micro-Start XP-10 at Amazon. Paid a little more than other brands, but still pretty cheap insurance. This one is small, lite and has plenty of stored power.

I have a JNC 660. It's not small but is slim and fits easily behind either front seat in my Taco. I weights almost 20 lbs. and packs some juice and gets rave reviews. Given the remote places I like to go I just can't get myself to trust a micro battery. For me the peace of mind is worth it.

I've got a NOCO GB40, had it for about 3 years - no problems. Never used it to jump my truck but used it a number of times to help others. Worked great.

I charge it about once a year, just to be sure, but it doesn't really seem to need it. Holds a charge for a long time. Flashlight is integral to the battery pack, never needed it but guess it would be good if you didn't have another light. Built in polarity detector so you can't hook it up wrong. USB port as well so it can charge computers, iPads, etc. That feature I've used a lot and like very much.

Be sure to get one with sufficient capacity for your engine. The GB40 is rated for up to 6.0L V8 gas or a small Diesel. Full size Diesels will need the next size up.

Ordered it on Amazon for less than $100.

PJorgen said:
Never used it to jump my truck but used it a number of times to help others. Worked great.

The best thing about emergency gear is using it to help others, the second best thing is never having to use it at all but knowing that you have it in case of need. Peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom