Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival & Four Wheel Campers East Coast Owners' Rally Aug. 13-16th, Huntingdo

Main Line Overland

Advanced Member
img_124154_0_4e31052a8d72337ec4da6bbe3381ab1c.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Main Line Overland, the East Coast Dealer for Four Wheel Pop-UP Campers, is hosting the 2nd Annual Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival on August 13-16th in Huntingdon, PA. This year we are organizing the factory-sponsored Four Wheel Campers East Coast Owners' Rally at the festival, which is located on our 220 acre farm in the rolling hills of Stone Mountain Valley, with frontage for fly fisherman and anglers along the renowned Standing Stone Creek. There will be winch and recovery workshops from Overland Experts, talks from E7 Adventurer and Publisher of Overland Journal, Scott Brady, and many others throughout 4 days of camping, trail riding, vendor hopping, live music, and trading stories with fellow camper owners and adventurers. Stan Kennedy, FWC's factory Sales Manager will also be at the festival to meet and answer your questions, as well as the FWC sales and installation team from Main Line Overland. Our goal is to see the biggest ever line-up of Four Wheel Campers on the East Coast, so we are challenging all owners to come and give the West Coast rally a run for its money![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Event Website: www.OverlandFestival.com [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Registration is open and space is limited, so secure your spot today at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mid-atlantic-overland-festival-2015-registration-15644998612[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Stan Kennedy Bio:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Stan Kennedy is head of Sales & Marketing at Four Wheel Pop-up Campers. In nearly 14 years with FWC, Stan has seen it all, and can answer any of your questions regarding FWC products and applications, including campers for the new Ford F-150! [/SIZE]

img_124154_17_d7be6a0eed17d46e2c68efb1fb9f2ffe.jpg

Couldn't find anything with costs or application for attending.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
Thanks. Trying to open some of these things on your cell phone isn't easy. Got it now. Will they try and put all of the Four Wheel Campers together? Also I noticed the space is 20' x 20' My F-250/Grandby from front of truck to my rear steps is 24". Not sure how that will work for most full size trucks. John
John,

This is more of a general guideline, and there will be plenty of room. It's more to keep people from towing giant trailers and only paying for one spot.
Yes we will park all of the Four Wheel Camper owners in one location so everyone can hang out together and enjoy the event.
I am sure we will have something special for all those FWC Owners who can make it ;)

Squatch said:
I'm hoping to make this but it will be tight getting the truck ready in time. Any issues showing up at the gate without being preregistered?
Not a problem. You can register at the gate, and day passes are available as well.

ARB USA will be attending the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival this year, and to celebrate, Main Line Overland installed a FWC Hawk on the ARB Ford F350 Super Duty truck. We tested the new rig at the festival grounds with MLO's modified Ford F250 carrying an FWC Grandby. The two trucks were put through their paces with a weekend of farm work, off-roading and camping. Even MLO's Unimog 416 got into the action...

img_124345_0_8f7647bd2ee9257760394aa43ff26b54.jpg
img_124345_2_0d7bd67a09c2796c07492d9ca0fe7510.jpg
img_124345_4_1b0c8326f92b531f6a17784e3fec9a6a.jpg
img_124345_6_8aaa667c5c1c52f79a88a2c05bfbb7b4.jpg
img_124345_8_5bd407af01039d628096b196f0ce021d.jpg
img_124345_10_142482692d533446e56f1f5eb81548aa.jpg

We will have a customer with their FWC Hawk Flatbed model at the event for those of you who have been eager to see one in person.

It won't be on our Unimog, this was just for taking some measurements for an upcoming build :)

img_124465_0_984ad9706a2ef13d7d3e74e3057653d5.jpg

Can a regular car get to the site. I don't have a truck yet and not sure if I can make it yet but would like to see all the campers :)

After the Festival: Here's a quick video overview of the Festival grounds I shot the evening of the first day (Thursday).

As I pan from right to left you're seeing a view of the Touratech Rally East area, then the Festival's main vendor area and the general camping area in the distance. We FWC owners parked behind the Mainline Overland FWC display so you're seeing a mix of owned and on-display campers.

http://youtu.be/YL-twk-jCi0

Really wanted to make it but was finalizing things to get my house on the market. Drat! Looks like ya'll had fun!

I was quite impressed by the event and Main Line Overland's planning and execution of it.
Heck, look at the poster we received at check-in.... it's perfect!

MOAFPoster.jpg

With all the high-end photography and video-production equipment we saw around us, I'm thinking we'll be seeing more of the event. Can't wait!

-OC

PS for TZtraveler. Ditto, TZ. I can't help but grin when I think how silly we must have looked as we followed the shade around my rig Sunday morning as our little group chatted in our lawn chairs. By the end the only shade was under the truck. We were reluctant to give up the fun!

[SIZE=10pt]Greetings all,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We just wanted to say a heart-felt THANK YOU to everyone who attended this year’s Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival and Touratech Rally East and made it a special weekend for our family, and the overlanding community. The experiences we shared through the festival are core to the farm’s mission of being a place to explore the beauty of Pennsylvania’s agricultural and wilderness areas, and to share those adventures with friends and family. We enjoyed spending time with all of the attendees and vendors, and to see the sense of intimacy and camaraderie that developed during the festival—so many warm smiles, high-fives, and hugs on the way home! We also want to thank you all for showing great respect for the farm and our neighbors. Festival-goers respected safety zones and the MAOF volunteer staff, took great care in packing out gear and trash, and blended well with the peaceful nature of Stone Valley’s farming community. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]On Saturday evening, many of you learned the story of Evan Yoder, the young farmer who for years cut and baled our hayfields, and who not weeks before the festival had a severely paralyzing accident while swimming at Greenwood Furnace State Park. We wanted to share that your contributions to the raffle and auction have raised over $5,000 toward the costs of Evan’s rehabilitation and long-term care, which will be donated directly to Evan’s GoFundMe site. Those of you who did not get the chance to participate, but would still like to help Evan and his family through this devastating injury, can send contributions and words of support here: http://www.gofundme.com/yoderstronghttp://www.gofundme.com/yoderstrong [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We have seen some amazing photos many of you took throughout the event. Main Line Overland will be posting clips of our coverage of the festival, but we also need your help! We are putting out a call for pictures and GoPro footage of your experiences on the farm and trail system to show what this region really has to offer, so if you have pics or footage, please send links via email with your name and address, and shirt size (M, L, or XL) to thenwood@mainlineoverland.commailto:thenwood@mainlineoverland.com. Contributors whose media is featured will be credited, and will receive a MAOF or Main Line Overland tee shirt via mail.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It is our sincere hope that you left the farm having forged new friendships, gained greater knowledge, and are newly inspired to seek out your next adventure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]See you next year,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Henwoods
[/SIZE]

Thank you for putting the event together !

Great times and good people all around.

I also wanted to personally thank the four wheel camper owner's that came and camped with us.

I had a great time meeting and talking with all of you.

Hope to see you next year. Mark your calenders, I know I will.

:)

Attachments

• 2 Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2015.jpg
    2 Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2015.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 3 Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2015.jpg
    3 Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2015.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2015.jpg
    Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2015.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 100
Back