Mini Moderator Meet Up - Central Oregon

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
This won't be much of a trip report in terms of exploring rugged areas of the west, but MarkBC and I had a chance to get together at a site near Fort Rock, Oregon. It was the first time I had met Mark in person, and not only was it fun to meet another WTW member, but he was a nice guy to boot.

Mark had been up at Pine Mountain to photograph the summer solstice, and I was on my way to my favorite (and secret) bird photography location that is only known to just a few... million birders. I posted a couple of bird shots on the wildlife thread, so I won't bore you with any more, but here are a couple of shots of the rigs in camp, and Mark. This is an area where the ponderosa pine eco system merges with the sagebrush steppe. Because of the two zones, it brings in a lot of wildlife.

Mark and I each have 2000 F250s. His with a Hawk, mine with a Grandby.

18943231619_4b9afb663c_c.jpg

And, here is Mark himself. Please ignore the photographer's shadow in the lower left!!!

19132778111_c43baa5c83_c.jpg

There is a rumor that all of the moderators are cooking up a scheme to have a get together, so we can finally meet all of the others in person.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
<snip>
There is a rumor that all of the moderators are cooking up a scheme to have a get together, so we can finally meet all of the others in person.
Secret handshakes, initiation rituals, togas? Cowboy Code?

Yes, WS, it was good to meet in person someone who had been only a virtual Friend. :)

And, not being a birder, I was not one of the millions who know about the birdie aspect of that spot, having only driven through the area without stopping in the past. Always cool to learn something new about someplace in my own backyard (relatively).

As for a maxi moderator meet up:

Secret handshakes, initiation rituals, togas? Cowboy Code?
I assume that the traditional "blood brother" ritual will be included, too...?

I was thinking banjo music...
Maybe just drums

MarkBC said:
Yes, WS, it was good to meet in person someone who had been only a virtual Friend. :)

And, not being a birder, I was not one of the millions who know about the birdie aspect of that spot, having only driven through the area without stopping in the past. Always cool to learn something new about someplace in my own backyard (relatively).

As for a maxi moderator meet up:

I assume that the traditional "blood brother" ritual will be included, too...?

Maybe just drums

Now we're talking!

Back
Top Bottom