Misc site work going on now

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I'm doing a bunch of cleanup/maintenance on the backend. If you notice any problems please let me know.

DD,

I don't think this has anything to do with the current maintenance but every time I edit a post it turns out all farked up like this:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2698/page__pid__30908__st__10&#entry30908

All of the <BR>'s keep popping in and completely screws the paragraph up as well as lost the original text quoting. Makes me not want to bother editing or add afterthoughts to a post...any Ideas?

Yikes that's bad, thanks for letting me know. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

DD,

I don't think this has anything to do with the current maintenance but every time I edit a post it turns out all farked up like this:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2698/page__pid__30908__st__10&#entry30908

All of the <BR>'s keep popping in and completely screws the paragraph up as well as lost the original text quoting. Makes me not want to bother editing or add afterthoughts to a post...any Ideas?

I can't seem to replicate this and I was able to edit the post you specified and it turned out fine. You mention this has happened in another place? Were you copying something in from another app? Can you tell me what browser you are using?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Two things:

First, I'm confused because the post Sunman links to looks perfectly normal to me. So maybe it only appears "farked up" on whatever program you are using??? Since I know you will ask, I am using Mozilla Firefox. And what's a <BR>?

Second, DD teased me about the mustache I had in my profile photo, calling me Magnum. For kicks and grins, I changed the photo to one of Magnum. I got tired of that fast and changed it to a street sign while at work. The street sign shows up on my home pc and my wife's work pc, but Magnum still show's up when I log in on my work computer, even though my profile shows the street sign???

BTW, I know the photo is hard to read so I will probably change it again, but i felt it was a good representation of the roads we like to take. It reads, "Nothing Ahead, Next 23 Miles".

Two things:

First, I'm confused because the post Sunman links to looks perfectly normal to me. So maybe it only appears "farked up" on whatever program you are using??? Since I know you will ask, I am using Mozilla Firefox. And what's a <BR>?

Second, DD teased me about the mustache I had in my profile photo, calling me Magnum. For kicks and grins, I changed the photo to one of Magnum. I got tired of that fast and changed it to a street sign while at work. The street sign shows up on my home pc and my wife's work pc, but Magnum still show's up when I log in on my work computer, even though my profile shows the street sign???

BTW, I know the photo is hard to read so I will probably change it again, but i felt it was a good representation of the roads we like to take. It reads, "Nothing Ahead, Next 23 Miles".

I fixed the problems in Sunmans post. Will you edit your post and see how it turns out?

Regarding the photo - thats just a caching issue in your browser, it has nothing to do with the software here at the site.

I fixed the problems in Sunmans post. Will you edit your post and see how it turns out?

Regarding the photo - thats just a caching issue in your browser, it has nothing to do with the software here at the site.

Thanks DD, the post looks right to me now. I have also edited it a couple of times with no issues (Using IE 8). The initial edit problem happened at work, not sure what version of IE that is, I'll check tomorrow.
It's happened several times previously to me but now i can't recall if it was on the work machine each time or at home or both.

Ted,
Maybe you saw my post after DD fixed it? It had a <BR> <BR> (whatever that is) all through the paragraph and the hyper link I inserted was illegible. Seems DD saw what I saw as he corrected it.

(I also edited this post with no issues) Hmmm??

Do you know what browser you are using Marc?

Aaron,

You answered my question. Like Suni, my problems are when I'm @ work. Maybe its a sign that I shouldn't be playing at work. :D

Back
Top Bottom