Modifying turnbuckle ports on an Eagle

Taku

Incident Command
Has anyone enlarged the ports to provide better access? I have some thoughts on how to strengthen the wall so that I can make the holes a fair bit larger. Thanks.

I have looked into that.Especially the left rear which seems to be the easiest one to use for extra storage.I think you could cut them larger. At least make the left rear rectangular like the fronts.
I have a ATC Bobcat and both front access doors are larger than the rear ones.Fronts are rectangular,while the rears are 5" round.
Don't see why you couldn't cut them out larger like the front.
I just haven't gotten up the want to do it.
Let us know if you do enlarge them.
Frank

I hope this doesn't piss either Jeff or Marty or both off but when I have customer campers built I always have the ports made a bit larger.

chnlisle said:
I hope this doesn't piss either Jeff or Marty or both off but when I have customer campers built I always have the ports made a bit larger.
I don't think it would bother them.I actually talked to Marty about cutting an access into the area below the mount for the table on my dinette.He sounded like it would be ok as long as I didn't make it too large.
I don't know why all the access ports can't be as large as the rectangular ones in the front.
I just haven't gotten up the "doit" mode to cut into the camper .
Frank

Back
Top Bottom