Montor Pass and East Side Sierra Quickie

What a great story. I sure wish you were around when I was looking for my camper! Prices like these make me want to sell mine and then "upgrade" again.

Pass my congrats to the "Spiders" on their new camper, nice to see another Hawk/Tundra DC combo out there.

We're glad Mr. B. Spider has got his Hawk/Tundra combo. We love ours.
He's lucky to have a knowledgeable friend to help encourage, select and install the FWC.
It was a leap of faith when I bought my 2008 Hawk last year. As I recall, I approached the forum here and got a few nudges to make the commitment. And I am thankful.

What a wonderful way to break in the camper and resident Spiders! It's been a while since we got down the East Side. Your photos and storyline are an enticement to make the time. So far, we're pushing it back to October for the fall colors, but maybe we can get there sooner.

But, these pre-dawn, alpine starts! I mean, you watch a moonrise, go to bed, and then arise to see the moonset? :oops: I'm afraid we would not live up to your standards! :eek:

So, will Mr. B. Spider be joining us on this forum? If so, will he adopt this moniker that has been bestowed upon him? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Ski,

Good to hear the maiden voyage went so well. And great photos as usual. My congrats to the Spiders. (Would it be inappropriate to call Barking Spider BS for short?)

So far, we're pushing it back to October for the fall colors, but maybe we can get there sooner.
We always do a fall colors trip down 395. I know other members that do so as well. Perhaps a Fall Photography Rally is in order??? I realize a rally organized around something besides food and beer may not appeal to some ( :p to you DD ;) ), but Mrs. Magellan has a new camera and we would be interested.

We always do a fall colors trip down 395. I know other members that do so as well. Perhaps a Fall Photography Rally is in order???

Yes!
I plan/hope to spend at least a couple of weeks in the Sierra East country early-October-ish, so I'm up for this. It's super-photogenic there any time of year, and fall-color just makes it better. A Fall Foto-Fest!

Ski - When I've crossed Monitor Pass a couple of times in the past year, both times I thought "what a cool place...why am I still driving and not stopping here!"
biggrin.gif

Love that moon photo -- minimalist pastels -- cool. :)

<snip>

We always do a fall colors trip down 395. I know other members that do so as well. Perhaps a Fall Photography Rally is in order???

Ted, October is a busy month but we hope to get away for a Saturday & Sunday and maybe find your camp after dark on a Friday evening. Spend some more time with the Ted unit? Hard to pass up!

Back
Top Bottom