More Grandby Changes

Barko1

I already did some changing, making a dinette out of the couch
863402584_hgmkS-M.jpg

And given that I am all thumbs and ADD/PTSD, you name it, it worked pretty well. Just spent two weeks on the road and usually ate outside but when it was windy the dinette was a big improvement. So on this last trip my beloved 3 way fridge was again employed as a bread box, I never park level, off kilter one might say, so I have a new Coleman/Stirling fridge arriving tomorrow so no need for the bread box any longer
912537329_SniAo-M.jpg

And as long as I was removing expensive optional equipment I decided to remove that squeaky and amp consuming furnace. It has kept me toasty and usually quiets down but I decided a Wave 3 would be easy on the batteries (got to keep that new fridge cold). I was just going to leave it in place until I was certain the Wave 3 would do the job but I can always reinstall so it's out.
912537116_qxPL3-M.jpg

I may be obsessed with the reflectix insulation, put some on the inside of the furnace door and reinstalled that
912536818_DXH3U-M.jpg

It says hot but it's not
912537545_ivht6-M.jpg

So now I wait for the cooler, heater, and an additional solar panel to arrive before deciding what else gets ripped out. I really need to replace all the cabinet on that side, pressed wood crap, and the counter top, sliding doors that don't like to slide so well, and I need a better way to store kitchen stuff (maybe even a new Dutch oven, DD has got me interested in that). All suggestions for relocating and creating storage welcome.

Do you more pics of the dinette? Looks good. What kind of plywood is that?

Expensive plywood :LOL: , 7 ply oak 3/4", bought another piece at Lowes last night to make the new closet and it is well over $40 a sheet. It may be overkill, I am in the process of cutting a piece to make the closet which will be open at the top so I can access the new cooler from the top. Underneath will be a few shelves. The cooler is big and heavy so the closet and the support will be as well. The dinette as you can see has no back cushions, that may be OK at least for now. The seating is now level with the shelf under the side window, makes for a better bed across the front although less headroom but that hasn't been an issue. Also get more storage under the bed and couch, still working on how to be use that. I was going to have the seat cushion redone at the upholstery shop but I ended up just cutting the couch cushion down, cost $.00.

Now I need to finish the closet with a really strong shelf for the fridge, run AC and DC power to it (when I made the dinette I also moved the 2 batteries from inside the closet to up front behind the panel with the white sticker on it under the front dinette "seat". The inverter is on a shelf under there as well, not a great setup and I may change it when I redo the wires a bit this week (you need to lift the cushion to access the inverter although I can turn it on and off just by reaching under there). By then the Wave 3 should have arrived and I'll figure out installing it. Already have the propane line from the furnace. When I pulled the furnace out I realized how much direct access cold air had coming in around that unit, now sealed. The big space where the fridge was should make some good storage, maybe I can convert it into a dog cage! :eek:

Bark, 40 or even 50 bucks for that material isn't bad at all, I've payed a lot more locally as Home Depot/Lowes is 40 miles away.

Well it seems to be sturdy stuff! I made a few miscalculations in my re-engineering. I put the new fridge on a top shelf, nothing over it so I can open the lid but I didn't take into account that the coleman has a latch on the front which I couldn't access so I has to cut away some for that, no big deal but them I also had it in so tight that when opening the lid rubbed by the hinge so I had to make my box for it just a bit wider, damn thing must be growing. At least it is snug and won't go anywhere. Run some power to it tomorrow, finish a few shelves under it and get ready to install the new heater. Slowly all the old chip board is getting replaced with the pricey stuff. On board #2 and may need a third for the sink/stove area.

Back
Top Bottom