most efficient 12v fan?

Maddogs

I'm sure this would have been covered before but apparently "fan" is a blocked search word in this forum, so that didn't help much... so am asking this anew.

I'd like to put a small cooling fan in our Hawk shell anticipating camping in hot places, primarily to blow on us in the bed area at night. Don't want to go full A/C unit. So this means it would be a constant draw on the battery for up to 6 hours. Was thinking of a small fan with around 6-8" blade running off a 12v cigar plug clamped or velcroed to the overhead thermal liner velcro strip. We also have a small Milwaukee M18 single 110v plug inverter atop an 8AH battery as a power source option but I understand this is less efficient than direct to 12v.

Does anybody have any advice on specific fans models?

We have 160W watt solar panel and two 6v AGM 225AH batteries. Only other power draw would be dometic CFX45 fridge at night running same time as fan. No light or heater would be on at same time.

We use a Sirocco II Cabin Fan in the camper every night, year-round. It uses little power, has a couple settings and provides just enough air flow and white noise. We added a cigarette lighter plug and built a small portable counter stand. It’s a little pricey but I’m estimating we’ve used it over 300 nights with no problems. There are probably similar fans designed for boats.

We use a couple of these each night and charge them while we drive. Very powerful and great battery life. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZBVLC7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

In my vans, I usually use these fans. Soft blades so nothing to hurt anyone:

VanLife_Finals_0013-2.png

I'm a fan (heh) of the smaller, usually 4 to 7", USB or lithium powered fans. I like the ones with 19650 batteries, since i use those in my lights. But the USB powered and internal battery ones work well too. Small, inexpensive, quiet, and you can put them anywhere. Lots on Amazon and elsewhere.

The one I'm using at home as I speak also works well, a Ryobi portable. Works off my tool batteries. All the tool companies make a version. Bigger, heavier, and louder, but more powerful. Can also work off an AC cord.

We use rechargeable lithium battery fans. They have been sold under various names, with the link below to the latest iteration. It's one of the few purchases that has exceeded my expectations They will run all night on low for a few nights. They have a good flow output, have three or four speed settings, are surprisingly quiet, and are mounted on a clamp with gimble so you can mount them to a table, counter, or the push bar for the front panels (great for sleeping). I usually carry two in the summer, but own three and are my go-to "house warming" gifts for my pals with vans and campers.

Amazon.com: Koonie 10000mAh Rechargeable Portable Fan, 8-Inch Battery Operated Clip on Fan, USB Fan, 4 Speeds, Strong Airflow, Sturdy Clamp for Office Desk Golf Car Outdoor Travel Camping Tent Gym Treadmill : Home & Kitchen

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom