Mountain Bikes fit in a shell?

lzpup

Advanced Member
Hello,
Interested in the ATC shell. I need to fit two mountain bikes in , anyone have experience doing this and confirm this is possible?

Thanks,

I fit by bike in my non-shell FWC regularly. Should be plenty of room for two in a shell.

I have a 2010 FWC Grandby shell. I had the factory install some basic cabinets/closets in each corner, but otherwise kept it open inside. Part of the motivation for this was to be able to carry bikes when I'm towing a trailer. I rigged up a removable bench in the front of the shell out of surplus stair tread and then mounted fork mount carriers for the bikes using bolts and wing nuts. This keeps the bikes stable on backroads. Attached photo shows the bench prior to installing the fork mounts. Mounts are easily removed when I'm not towing the trailer. When camping with the shell, I carry the bikes off the back on a swing away hitch mount bike rack. I mounted the bench high enough to fit large coolers underneath. I've also carried up to 8 5 gallon water containers under the bench.

TK

[attachment=18854:DSCN1923.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1923.JPG
    DSCN1923.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 181
thanks for the replies, sounds like it is possible. I am hoping to see one in person in my area and get a feel for it.

Here is a picture of 2 bikes in a modified Ocelot shell. We have two benches-beds built along the sides and also have a built in refrig.

Attachments

• Bikes.jpg
    Bikes.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 268

Back
Top Bottom