Mounting a H-Lift jack on a FWC

JHanson

We'll soon be installing a winch bumper on the JATAC, and it will have slots so we can use a Hi-Lift jack on it as well. I also have a Lift-Mate for our jack, which allows us to raise a wheel from the outside, in order to insert a sand mat or other traction aid underneath. After pondering for some time on the best way to securely mount a Hi-Lift on a Tacoma with a FWC, I found a nearly ideal spot, and detailed the process HERE.

8672358112_c999b316e8_z.jpg

Looks very clean. I don't have the much space there so I did what many of us here have done.

I'll jump in, since I have the same mount. The lower side walls of the Hawk and other FWC's (I believe) is 5/8" plywood.
The design by Camelracer through bolts the plywood and straps. It's pretty well bomb-proof. :)

Aye, and being pretty lazy and having fairly good luck doing it before I went right through the carpet too.

:LOL:

Let's make it three! and I went through the right rear cabinet wall to boot (Granby on a 1/2ton F150)!!:LOL: Lot's of us used the set up designed by camel racer and it is still hanging on the rear despite a summer/fall and winter of use! Lot's of pictures on that thread about how to do it--and I'm not only lazy but I think mechanically challenged and still made it work. Now if I can just figure out how to put the gas can on with out wreaking everything!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom