Mounting jack brackets

Mysteryz

Long story, short, I have jacks but not jack brackets to mount the jacks to. Can anyone ping me in the right direction as how to mount these brackets yourself, or do most people have a distributor mount them?

Thanks!

I was trying to find jacks (used) for my Eagle and eventually, it was just cheaper to have ATC put the brackets on and buy new from them. The brackets were about 1/3 the cost of the jacks so it made no sense for me to try this. You have to cut the channels down and know where to drill, etc. I think if you had a template, etc. it wouldn't be terribly tough.

My old Keystone had jacks installed with lag screws that went thru the Aluminum corner 'studs' and into a 3/4 plywood backer - not sure but I strongly suspect these were factory installed. After many years the lags had worked loose and I was not able to tighten them. I was doing a fair amount of rebuilding so it was a simple job to replace the lags with thru bolts and extra steel backing plates. If your camper had those plywood backing plates already in there, I would think it would have been to some "universal" dimension and then it would be a pretty straight forward task to install your own brackets.... otherwise you will have to remove corner trim and siding to access decent structure....

I had an older Hallmark camper before my FWC that had jack brackets coming loose from the camper, due to being partially pulled out. We had to load it with portable jacks due to the damage. I went to a local welding shop and had new brackets made. The new brackets were similar to the original brackets, but used bolts that went through the camper with backing plates inside. In addition, the new brackets had gusset plates on the bottom to add additional support. Worked great, and weren’t too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom