Mt Baker ski trip

JeffWright

Advanced Member
Fun trip to Mt Baker with my ATC Bobcat last weekend. The new snow on the rig was from about 6pm to 7am. One of my best ski days of the year!

IMG_0362.JPG
image1-2.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG

Glad your having fun JW
That's a load of snow on the ole roof there. Probably a dumb question, are those your wipers ,poking thru the snow, and why flip them up if that's what I see.
Thanks Russ

Makes it easier to clear the snow off the windshield, and also keeps them from freezing to the glass.

Hey! I was up there all last week! What a cycle! I see your rig up there often. Come say hi next time. I'm in a 03 Tacoma with a Fleet.
Ty

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
WOW that's some snow on your Bobcat.
I bet you like having the "storm flaps"?
They sure come in handy for rain/snow/sun.
Looks like fun. Thanks for posting.
Frank
Hey Frank, I always run them in the winter do I don't really know the difference but I imagine snow in with the screen is a pain.

WestCoast said:
Hey! I was up there all last week! What a cycle! I see your rig up there often. Come say hi next time. I'm in a 03 Tacoma with a Fleet.
Ty
Hey West Coast! Such a good couple of days. I actually live in Tahoe. I wish you saw me up there all the time! I love Baker!

Hi- relatively new to Pop-up campers (Fleet shell on a Tacoma) and I have a few questions about winter use of these. I was up at Baker last weekend during the storm cycle and started worrying about the snow load halfway through the night. FWC says that the campers can handle about 1000 lbs which is roughly 4-5 inches of evenly distributed snow (probably less at Baker). It would appear that there is way more than that on your rig. Do you just not worry about it? Also, do you have a way of preventing snow from coming in through the Fantastic Fan vents when you leave them open or do you just not leave them open?

Thanks
Rob

Randonneur,
Watching this close as I’m new to this forum and have a fleet (Xmas present) and my primary use is winter and skiing going to be up at baker end of March into early April I have been sweeping off the roof and I planning on the same up there. Vents I crack one and have a panel above it the forward one that seems to help. We are down southern WA. White salmon.....I check at nite and sweep if I have to. I’m really looking forward to skiing Baker

Back
Top Bottom