Multnomah Falls Fire

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Followed the story over the weekend. Last I heard the Mt Express bus was still available from Timberline Lodge.

On last report I heard this afternoon, the Lodge is still standing & being defended. I84 (both directions between Troutdale & Hood River and the railroad are closed.

The fire ran more than 10 miles overnight.

Much smoke in air and ash has been falling in Hillsboro since about 22:00 yesterday. Much smoke in Hillsboro which is on other side of Portland from fire. Governor has activated 650 National Guardsmen thus far just for the Eagle Creek fire.

Fire jumped Columbia River overnight in several places near Stevenson Wa.

Paul

Friends in Eugene Are seeing loads of smoke.
Bad.
Also Glacier is being hit with fires also.
Another very bad fire season.
Has anyone heard of the 747-400 fire tanker.
A huge fire fighter,but only one around.
Frank

Search for "747 supertanker mcminnville" and you wilk find a lot of history about the aircraft. It has been used in other countries to fight fires but seldom here.

Not sure why not. Our governor was asked at a press conference today if it would be used but she did a little side step and left without committing.

It has been reported that the supertanker delivers retardant or water for half the cost per gallon as the smaller tankers. If that is correct, I want an explanation why it isn't being used.

Paul

Just got a note from a friend who lives in Carson, WA. He figures a 50% chance of losing his house.

Paul, I suspect it's a matter of who has the contract for the 747, not a political choice.

So sad - it's going to take decades for the Gorge to recover. Our friend in Stevenson had to take her son to Portland to wait it out. Hope all of you in the area stay safe!!

Cayuse said:
This morning, NPR reported that the judge in the case has fine the young man $36.6 million, along with a 5 year probation. As it’s clear 15 year old won’t be able to instantly repay all parties, a payment schedule is being arranged. I believe they reported if he stays out of trouble and meets the payment schedule, the remainder of the fine will be forgiven after 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom