My first post: Excellent service experience with fourwheel today

simart

So, first "Hi". I live in Albany CA near Berkeley. I bought a hawk in December and ordered it six months or so in advance before. I had troubles with my furnace, so I booked an appointment with the service department and I just got back from it today. Here are the main points

1. The price of the Hawk is $5000 more now that when I got mine
2. They put in a new sail switch and removed the aluminum duct work from the furnace
3. They fixed a misaligned deadbolt on my back door,
4. They replace a cracked acrylic piece on the screen door even though I didn't ask them to
5. They patched a hole in the camper from when I hit a dead tree
6. They moved the camper back 5/8" to accommodate the two AT Overland rotopax holders I had bought that mount between the cab and the the camper

They charged me one hour of labor $160 and marked everything else as warranty. They probably spent two hours working on it.

I could not be more impressed. I started to panic when I spent $500 on the two AT Overland rotopax mounts and realized it was just a little too tight. Honestly, I get panicky when anything goes wrong with the camper, and I felt like an idiot when I brushed a dead tree and poked a hole in the camper.

So anyway, I'm super impressed. I probably spent nearly as much in gas getting to Woodland as I did on the service. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Attachments

• Rotopax1.jpg
    Rotopax1.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Rotopax2.jpg
    Rotopax2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 98
Simart,

Welcome from another East Bay FWC owner (I'm out in Concord). Glad to hear you had a good experience at FWC - it sounds like they treated you very well! I think they do try to do their best, but sometimes get overwhelmed.

FWIW, I also have the AT Overland Rotopax holders. They are certainly convenient and it is nice being able to use that dead space between the camper and truck. The 2-gallon Rotopax are certainly easy to handle. However, make sure to vent the fuel containers fairly regularly when it is hot or you are changing elevation. They tend to swell and because of the design of the holder, they can get wedged in there tightly and become difficult to remove.

Enjoy your camper!

X2 on Woodland FWC service. They run a tight ship and have provided me with a great experience all around.

I also own the Rotopax holders from AT overland. I was going to cut my Hawk bumpers to bring the camper closer to the cab. Sure glad I didn't. The space is perfect for the fuel mounts, but I also have water pax that fit in there as well. This cab/camper space also makes a great place to store my shower floor and some tarps.

@heinphoto Great suggestion, I wouldn't have thought about venting

@Cpt Davenport I hadn't thought about using that space for storage. Do you put the water pax "loose" in the bed in front of the camper?

simart said:
@heinphoto Great suggestion, I wouldn't have thought about venting

@Cpt Davenport I hadn't thought about using that space for storage. Do you put the water pax "loose" in the bed in front of the camper?
Not loose. Rotopax makes white H20 cans that also fit in the AT mount. I usually keep my drinking water up there. I have also ran one water and one gas in the mounts, just depends on where and what I'm doing. I often tow my boat and have additional mounts on the forward bulkhead of the vessel that hold my fuel.

Back
Top Bottom