My primative shower uses 1/2 gal. of water

DanoT

Hi all,
I am new here but have been lurking for a while. I am a few months away from ordering a new ATC, FWC, or Phoenix camper for my 91 Dodge diesel.

So I am reading past posts (and learning lots) and there is a discussion about Zodi portable showers. Someone writes that the shower head keeps breaking and someone else suggests using a garden type head which I assume is the kind that attaches to a garden hose.

However I later think, what if they meant: use the pump up pressure type garden atomizer sprayer? So I try it out and it takes a while to get wet and to rise off but it works fine and only uses a half gallon of water which means it is easy to heat up a small amount of water in a stove top pot. Also less water to deal with makes it a lot more feasible to set up an in camper temporary shower stall. A ten buck garden atomizer (it needs a longer hose) instead of $150 buck plus Zodi and no battery operated pump needed.

So is this a great innovation that I have come up with or is this old hat/reinvent the wheel/ everybody already knows about this?
View attachment 9439

Hi all,
I am new here but have been lurking for a while. I am a few months away from ordering a new ATC, FWC, or Phoenix camper for my 91 Dodge diesel.

So I am reading past posts (and learning lots) and there is a discussion about Zodi portable showers. Someone writes that the shower head keeps breaking and someone else suggests using a garden type head which I assume is the kind that attaches to a garden hose.

However I later think, what if they meant: use the pump up pressure type garden atomizer sprayer? So I try it out and it takes a while to get wet and to rise off but it works fine and only uses a half gallon of water which means it is easy to heat up a small amount of water in a stove top pot. Also less water to deal with makes it a lot more feasible to set up an in camper temporary shower stall. A ten buck garden atomizer (it needs a longer hose) instead of $150 buck plus Zodi and no battery operated pump needed.

So is this a great innovation that I have come up with or is this old hat/reinvent the wheel/ everybody already knows about this?
View attachment 9439

Yep. This is what was suggested as an inexpensive alternative to the Zodi in one of the threads. I believe it was also suggested that a dish sprayer head be used to get better water volume with a better on/off control than the Zodi has, but you'd no doubt then use more than a half gallon...

I have, on cloudy days, just heated water on my stove and poured it into my solar shower bag. Very simple, very cheap.

I have, on cloudy days, just heated water on my stove and poured it into my solar shower bag. Very simple, very cheap.

x2

A friend of mine attaches a kitchen faucet sprayer hose to his sink drain outlet. He then fills the sink with water, steps outside and showers...

x3

Well, sort of. We heat a little water, fill a 3 litter cheap water bottle, and take turns pouring it over each other as a quick outside shower.

For an outside shower I really like the idea of filling the sink with hot water and attaching a tube and shower head to the sink drain spigot.

For an outside shower I really like the idea of filling the sink with hot water and attaching a tube and shower head to the sink drain spigot.

Just watch out for that 1st cup or two :eek:

post-2446-127907668185_thumb.jpg

That’s what I use for the desert and other arid areas where water can precious, except mine is a ½ gallon sprayer from ACE Hardware. I first tried it out in the house bathtub to make sure I could get a decent bath with ½ gallon of water. Works great! I don’t bother with hot water in it. It’s more exhilarating with cold water.

If I have access to a relatively clean natural water source, I use my solar shower.

Ha, ha, I'm not sure I want to shower in grey water . . .

I'm retired now, (I love typing that) but when I worked in the bush we would clean the coffee and tea grunge out of the stainless steel thermos with a Polident tablet and soak overnight.
I'm pretty sure a 1/4 tab of Polident in the sink drain soaking for just a few hours would do its magic. Follow that with a 10% bleach/water solution rinse and the drain should be good to go.

I'm retired now, (I love typing that) but when I worked in the bush we would clean the coffee and tea grunge out of the stainless steel thermos with a Polident tablet and soak overnight.
I'm pretty sure a 1/4 tab of Polident in the sink drain soaking for just a few hours would do its magic. Follow that with a 10% bleach/water solution rinse and the drain should be good to go.

It sounds like a lot of work every time you just want to take a little ol' shower!--retired or not. :)

We just can't pass up getting a blue bare naked lady. Thanks Skeeter.

I thought the whole concept was classic! I would of bought one if the garage wasnt so full of camping sh*t!

Back
Top Bottom