Name This Puppy Win A Fish......winner

the fisherman

Big Time
HERR 42, named the pup bosun, we're are probably going to call him BO BO until he hits the 100# mark then BO. PM. me a shipping address, and after the next trip i'll send you some Albacore loins.

Heeeere Bo-Bo.....BLAM!!(with slobber)

Congrats Jeff!!

Albacore nuggies:
Ice cube size pieces of albacore wrapped in a half a slice of bacon 5 to a kabob (or on toothpicks individually). Sweet onion chunks and Pinapple in between nuggies..over a smokey BBQ...yummy

Pics of the "little fella" ???

....i dont know what to say......i want to thank the academy for all.....

a ha ha ha....

wow....real tuna....REAL TUNA

i will send a pm now...

I'm Cheap, So What

I had to pick a winner close to home in order to keep shipping costs down.

The Puppy Story

Last year when I joined this site, I had two Newfs, one was a puppy about ten months old at the time, he's the black dog in the original Tow Missle pics. His name was Salior, well Salior ruptured his Crucia sort of like an Achilles Tendon in a human, so my vet was going to do surgery to correct the problem, not at all uncommon in Newfs, did a blood test before the surgery, and found that the dog's blood test showed failing kidneys. None of us believed it because he seemed to be a totally normal pup. Turns out he was actually a very sick dog, and after all kinds of treatment, that included a couple of very expensive blood transfusions I lost him, and man he was a fighter to the end. The people I got him from felt very bad about what happened and offered to replace him. At first I declined the offer, but later changed my mind. As you know the new pup's name is Bosun' or Bo as he's called around here. Well, about two months ago I noticed that Bo was having a hard time getting up and a hard time staying up, so back to Dr. Sam we go, and the news wasn't too good, Bo has some pretty bad hips, and will require some heavy duty surgery to enable him to have a normal life. Man this is unreal, but it is what it is, so I showed him the ten inch gash I have in my chest from the double bypass I had, and said, this is what you have to look forward to. I have no doubt that the two of us can get past all of this, the sooner the better.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 239
Holy Sheet Dude!!!

It's no fun dealing with a sick dog, especially when surgery is involved...All the best..

I guess your personal luck doesn't apply only to fishing!

Glad your OK amigo....

Remember when your on the mend with the dog:TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST!!!! you can always get another dog..

Welcome back to the good side of things Compadre!!

TT

Newf

Man i'll tell you that's my biggest fear! My big boy comes with me in the back country and to the river all the time. He is constantly pushing his limits and it worries me more and more. It seems as he gets older he gets even more bold in his decision making. As we both know those hips and hind legs become more and more of a liability as they get older. He is 5 now and I am trying to decide at what age will I start to slow him down since he doesn't seem to show any signs of laying up voluntarily.
I'm sorry to hear about your news we wish you both a speedy recovery!
John

Mason, my slobbery mess after hiking last week!

Attachments

• DSCF1804.jpg
    DSCF1804.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 193
You're Good To Go

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've had 12 of these guys, so I've seen my share of problems. Your dog is way past the time where heriditary hip problems would show up. The best way to exercise one of these mutts is in water for obvious reasons. When your dog reaches about 7 he'll likely slow down some, then if he gets a little stiff, sort of like I feel right now, try, 1500mg. Glucosamine, and 5gr. fish oil a day. I've had good results with that program. You can't have a better dog, but you know that by now. Jon

Bummer

I used to run over the hill to that place to buy cigs. when I ran out. Not anymore, those days are over. Jeff, I wonder if it will come back, everybody out there is struggling due to the loss of the Salmon season, which may not return next year either.

sorry i missed your call. i had to work today....selling off assets at work....pc's and stuff.....trying to generate some cash ahead of the final liquidation auction in Jan when the job is gone for good.

we camped out at the rv park there a couple of times. we could get a shower and hit whichever rest. was open.

that kitchen/deli attracted a lot of activity....they will have to get it going again.

Back
Top Bottom