Nanci Griffith

Aw, dang! I discovered her with Other Voices, Other Rooms by pure accident and felt blessed to have done so.

RIP

Yeah, I am listening to an Amazon music non-stop Nanci Griffith song cycle while doing chores around the house. I am so reminded of her versatility -- and her love of both old and new music.

AWG_Pics said:
Yeah, I am listening to an Amazon music non-stop Nanci Griffith song cycle while doing chores around the house. I am so reminded of her versatility -- and her love of both old and new music.
Tony, Tish Hinojosa is another person that I love to listen to.

Sweetest voice, stellar songwriting - and covers - she recorded my favorite version of John Prine's Speed of the Sound of Loneliness She had a great deal of influence on my songwriting and playing and was a big part of the soundtrack to a particular part of my life. So many of my favorite artists have passed (Tom Petty was like being hit by a truck) I am getting old.

teledork said:
Sweetest voice, stellar songwriting - and covers - she recorded my favorite version of John Prine's Speed of the Sound of Loneliness She had a great deal of influence on my songwriting and playing and was a big part of the soundtrack to a particular part of my life. So many of my favorite artists have passed (Tom Petty was like being hit by a truck) I am getting old.
The two on that album that were my favorites were Tecumseh Valley and Across the Great Divide.

Back
Top Bottom