National Forests

HERR42

i like the forests more than the parks.....there are really great places and no tourists, no traffic, my dog can run loose, i can shoot my guns, and i dont have to stay in a "campground".

why not add them as well?

you could start with Lassen Natl Forest.

Jeff, national forests have been included in areas but not under the forest names. If you go to Eastern Sierras-Mammoth Lakes you will see many spots that are in national forests, national monuments, state parks, and BLM lands.

Other areas like the Central Cascades-Cascade Lakes Area in Oregon include multiple national forest and a wilderness area. All the campgrounds and trails on the map are in a national forest.

My guess is that T-dawg will eventually get around to defining an area that includes Lassen National Forest.

Keep those photos coming!!

Stew

Like Stew said. The problem with national forests is they often include multiple mountain ranges or in the case of Nevada, are all over the map. Makes more sense to define areas based on geographical features than areas defined by the Forest Service.

Jeff, national forests have been included in areas but not under the forest names. If you go to Eastern Sierras-Mammoth Lakes you will see many spots that are in national forests, national monuments, state parks, and BLM lands.

Other areas like the Central Cascades-Cascade Lakes Area in Oregon include multiple national forest and a wilderness area. All the campgrounds and trails on the map are in a national forest.

you are stating the obvious.

Gee Wizz Jeff, they were only trying to explain why.
unsure.gif

marc

no i understand....did i come off that bad? didnt mean to.

i can see the reasoning easily. and i see that there are forest service areas that do overlap multiple attractions ... meaning the if you started with a forest service area you would have to divide it up eventually.

i guess i need three spots added, all in lassen forest.

crater lake
whitehorse reservoir.
willow spring

Back
Top Bottom