National Parks tab

dr.tucson

Advanced Member
I went to the Death Valley NP part of the National Parks tab and none of the pages related to maps came up with any image or map, it just stayed a blank box on the page.
I use an older MacBook Pro and almost every other part or WTW works fine.

From what I've been able to access on the DVNP website, some decent maps are embedded inside this year's visitor guide (nps.gov/deva/learn/news/upload/2020-2021-Winter-Visitor-Guide-508-compressed.pdf); perhaps those would work for you? And I couldn't get their interactive imagery to work this morning, so maybe 'something's up'.
Rico.

dr.tucson said:
I went to the Death Valley NP part of the National Parks tab and none of the pages related to maps came up with any image or map, it just stayed a blank box on the page.
I use an older MacBook Pro and almost every other part or WTW works fine.
I believe dr.tucson is talking about the National Parks pages here on WTW. With my PC desk top with Firefox I don't get a blank box, rather I see a notice I need to run Adobe Flash.

Death Valley on WTW

I have the same issue on my Mac Mini with Catalina OS. Only the Featured Photo and the Description work.

Apple has not supported Flash in the past. Perhaps, that is still the case.

Paul

Chrome has flash disabled by default. Firefox is ending flash support as of the end of the year. Looks like NPS is going to need to update their site.

Thanks for the response.
ski3pin is correct, I was looking at the WTW National Parks page. And Adobe Flash is is not longer supported by Apple and I think is going away permanently at the end of this year. Google earth is available through app store only for iPhone and iPad.
I think it is a Mac problem, I'll try the DVNP website. I just thought it might be WTW site problem that WTW should be aware of but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Thanks for the help

It’s not a Mac or iPad/iPhone problem. Search for “steve jobs adobe flash” for the history of the dispute over the issue.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom