New Alaskan Owner here

tmodler

Well, the debate over buy or build a camper is now over. I joined the ranks of the Alaskan Camper owners yesterday. (Actually I have been an owner for a month, but only yesterday did I lay my own eyes on it).

The camper is in very good original condition. A little winter work and it will be ready for use next spring.

I am not exactly wandering the west (at least not yet), since I live over here in the middle, but since most of these are out west, I hope you will let me join you. ;)

I look forward to sharing and learning from ya'll.

C.

Attachments

• IMG_2962.jpg
    IMG_2962.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG-20111007-00023.jpg
    IMG-20111007-00023.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 297
Welcome aboard "C"! I have certainly learned a lot from the nice people on this forum and am sure you will too. I'm on the eastern side of the continent myself, but hoping to travel with my Dodge and Alaskan all over this great land mass.
Cheers,
--Robert

P.S. if you haven't already been on the Vehicle Expedition Portal, I've seen a few Unimog-Alaskan setups described there: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/75-Pop-up-Truck-Campers

Sorry, I should have said this. My name is Charles. Thanks for the welcome.

C.

Welcome Charles...

Not many fiberglass units around....you're lucky...those FG top corners are far more waterproof than the aluminum corners....nice unit

an appropriate midwestern new holland entrance ;)

Hi Charles, Great looking Alaskan are you putting it on the Unimog? I have never seen a Fibreglass Alaskan before,thanks for the pics and Welcome. Kevin. :D

Yep, the Alaskan will go on the UNIMOG. Got it in the shop now, redoing the seat cushions and then starting on the hardware. Should have some progress to post sometime...

Thanks for the kind words. I have spent about 3 years looking for the fiberglass version. Not a lot of them out there.

C.

I've got to look up an old friend who has a Mog. It was originally the fire truck for the airport at Dresden, Germany. It was outfitted with a Alaskan camper, but I saw it so long ago (pre-FWC days for me) that I'll need to see if he's still around.

Funny how today I would pay lots of attention to a cool camper rig, yet just five years ago I didn't get it. It's the old saw how you suddenly see a given vehicle on the road, once you own one yourself.

Back
Top Bottom