New Camper (to me) and some questions...?

teleturns

Hey WTW

I picked up my 1980ish Grandby in Cedar City Utah this past weekend. This is my first FWC and my girlfriend and I love it. Previously we had a 1987 popup Skamper and the FWC puts it to shame! I got a killer deal on this camper and it is in amazing shape. It came with 4 corner hydraulic jacks, the canvas looks new, and the interior is flawless. I have several questions about my new camper.....?

Was the artic pack offered on campers in the 80's? The canvas in the one we bought seems to have insulation in it. This may just be the normal FWC canvas sides, but it is thicker than any canvas sides I have seen.

The rear door is hanging up on the bottom right corner. It seems that the door is sagging and the welds on the door frame are cracked. I searched through the forum, but I didn't find anything on door replacement. I found several people stating that they replaced their door, but no one detailed the installation.

How much do new doors cost? Can I put a screen door version on this camper? Do new doors come with a new frame?.

One last question.... I want to paint the camper white and I was wondering if it is possible to get new FWC logo stickers?

Here are some pics

Thanks everyone for the help

By the way...I think it looks funny on the flatbed. Time to build storage lockers for the sides......

038.jpg

039.jpg

Was the artic pack offered on campers in the 80's? The canvas in the one we bought seems to have insulation in it. This may just be the normal FWC canvas sides, but it is thicker than any canvas sides I have seen.

The only material was like that, I believe it had molding issues too so make sure you air it out well after use.

Hey teleturns

Feel free to call the service shop here.

800-242-1442

FWC SERVICE

They can give you details & prices on the rear door.

The older campers usually had some type of cotton like material sewn inside of the "pop-up" portion of the camper to act like the arctic pack.

If you e-mail me your name & mailing address, I would be glad to drop some FWC stickers in the mail for you.

stan@fourwh.com

Back
Top Bottom