New Front Opening Engel Refrig/Freezer

We have used those before.

They work great, but the compressor motor was very noisy.

We installed maybe 1 or 2 total, before we switched over to using the WAECO/Dometic.

I think we still have one of the Front Loader Engel 2-way (AC/DC) compressor refrigerators here in stock if anyone is looking for a good deal.

No returns accepted.

: )

As Stan said the Engle is very noisy, this is due to the swing compressor that they use. As a matter of fact the teardrop pictured in the link was built three years ago for us and I sourced the Engle for it from one of my vendors at around $475.00. Unfortunately the overall dry weight was 2,364 lbs - significantly higher than what we were led to believe - approximately 50% more. Naturally we did not take delivery of the teardrop and that led us to FWC :D
We own 2 Truckfridge,1 Edgestar and 1 ARB all using Danfoss compressors and pretty darn quite.
Cheers

I have an Isotherm Cruise 85 that I installed myself since I didn't like the other options at the time. I love the refrig and feel they're made very well. I have no problem keeping the refrig exactly at thw temp i want.

Customer service is exceptional too. The TruckFridge units are made by Isotherm and rebranded.

I added as much insulation around the refrig when I installed it, which made it nearly silent when it runs. The only way you can hear it is if it's dead silent. If there's any slight breeze outside you can't hear it.

Back
Top Bottom