New Grandby for us

Davy

Well, we bought a 2004 F250 2 years ago with the idea of adding a truck camper of some sort before retirement ( 3 years from now) and then started researching the options. We looked at nice Lance's (seemed too big and bulky), then pop tops, and decided that was the best next step up from our past 30 years of tent and truck shell camping. We like to pull into non developed places to camp that just would not work with trailers or huge truck campers. Anyway, long story short, narrowed the search to either Four Wheel or NorthStar pop ups. It took a long time, but found a great Grandby right down the road in Antelope, Thanks John!, in perfect like new condition and grabbed it.

If I attached these photos right, they are from our 2'nd trip, Auburn, CA up the coast to Florence, OR and back, 5 nights, and it was great. Amazing when something used works with no problems!

The 1'st trip was an overnighter to Gold Lake and also good.

Anyway, I'll be following this website more often and just wanted to get a first introductory post in.

Take care,
Davy & Pam

Attachments

• DSCN0699a.jpg
    DSCN0699a.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 190
Welcome to WTW, Davy! :)
Looks like you're all set for all kinds of fun.
(Send me a message of you need help, have questions, about posting more photos.)

I think you made the right choice, given your circumstances. You should be very happy with it.

Hi Davy and Pam. Congrats on the new rig. Nice job finding one so close, some people travel over 1000 miles to pick up the right camper. We're practically neighbors (we're in Rocklin). Maybe we'll see you out and about.

Ted

Thanks all,
Yes, we were very fortunate to find the right one close by. One of my requirements was a water heater and outside shower so we had to pass on several nice ones due to that. When this one showed up on Craigslist on a Friday afternoon and I called John it sounded like everything we needed. I had set up an appointment to look at it Sunday as we had Saturday plans. Told Pam about it, and she said we're going to look at it right now. It all worked out and we had a Four Wheel! After many years of either tent camping or camping with the Leer truck shell, it's amazing to be so comfortable, and when it start getting cold a heater starts up, and you can even turn a handle and get hot water! Just great.
Ted, I'll keep a lookout for you...

Attachments

• DSCN0270a.jpg
    DSCN0270a.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 103

Back
Top Bottom