New guy with Grandby

da_offroadnut

Hey all, figured i would drop an intro, I'm a new guy here and i just got my new grandby from Stan 2 weeks ago (great guy to deal with!) About me, I have been living in San Diego, CA for the last 17 years in the navy. Retirement is just around the corner 3 years away!

My truck is a 2000 F250 w/ 7.3l PSD and 6 speed trans. Anyway here's a couple of pics of the new camper and me loading up my crawler. happy to be apart of this site and ready to learn all i can about these campers.

P.S. thank you to all those who have gone before me or still active to protect our freedom!

731718_1

731720_1

732870_1

Thanks guys, been wanting one of these campers for a long time and finally got one. the truck seems to handle the camper and trailer pretty good, but might need new rear springs, they have been saggin for a couple of years. this past weekend i already made my first mistake, i was playing with the water system making sure i knew how it all worked. Note to self when you open the water heater drain to drain it out, make sure the drain valve is closed before turning on the pump:thumb:

lookin good

Picked up my Hawk on the same day !! Hawk working out really well, have made a few mods already, will post pics soon. Installed the Fast Gun Derringers for my tie downs inside the bed, have more than 1000 miles on vehicle since install and they are all still tight. The original turn buckles loosened with 200 miles ! Good luck with your new camper.

Back
Top Bottom