New Hawk Owner from New Mexico

Desert Rider

I purchased a 2012 Hawk in March 2015. I have since added side tool boxes that fit between the truck bed and camper. The tool boxes are used to store fishing rods, tent poles, ropes, bungies, etc. I also built a custom off road trailer, that I sometimes pull behind the truck or Bronco.

Our family has really enjoyed using the camper and truck for work and play. Attached are some pics that were taken at Abiquiu Lake in northern New Mexico, on our family property. Using my Dad's giant tractor, we have been repairing the access road in order to get our four wheel drive vehicles down to the lake.

Abiquiu 9-2015h (640x480).jpg
Abiquiu 9-2015d (640x480).jpg

Welcome to ya, Rider. I know your neck of the woods well, having been part of the soil survey of Rio Arriba County back in the early 80s, living in Chama for a number of years. And I remember a lot of high-clay soils that make up a large portion of the road surfaces, nice and slippery and gooey when wet. Too much fun.... (or not?) Good luck getting your lake access back; it's a beautiful area.

Welcome, lots of good people here, good exchange of ideas, always something going on. Wife and I hit Carlsbad and on up to Santa Fe and Taos a couple yrs back. I will be spending more time in the N.M. mountains when retirement gets here.

Congrats on the new rig. I'm from New Mexico and I always find myself missing it, especially, you guessed it, the red/green chile! I look forward to seeing future Trip Reports from you and my home state.

Back
Top Bottom