New Member - help w mid-60's Alaskan 8ft NCO

Bought a mid-60's Alaskan 8ft NCO a month ago and been diligently working on it.

Overall in fantastic condition will everything original. Bought it in bone stock condition from a local RV dealer (who bought it from the original owner).

Before I bought it, someone stole the hydroflame furnace external vent cover. There's just an open hole there now and I have no idea what the vent assembly looks like. I can't find one used on eBay and could not even find a good picture of it on google images. I have great fab skills and can make one if I know what it looks like.

1. Does anyone have a few pics of various angles of this vent? Or better yet, anyone know where I can buy one at a reasonable price?

2. Does anyone have a resource for a rebuild kit for the hydraulic pump? I have one with an internal reservoir (oil goes in top of pump). Pump leaks a lot and a new one costs $600. Ouch.

Any help would be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks Men!

Welcome and good find on that old Alaskan. I don't have a furnace in mine, but I found a picture of a vent on an Airstream - maybe it looked like this?

Attachments

• hydroflame.png
    hydroflame.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 108
Thanks for the pic. I saw that one too...but looking for a pic of the inside of the vent assembly. There's two pipes as part of the inner assembly. Not sure what that actually looks like. Also, it looks like there's two metal disk assemblies that make up the actual vent cap cover. So frustrating that the vent was stolen...grrrr. I appreciate you trying to help!

Hydraulic jack repair shop (yellow pages) in most cities should be able to replace seals etc in your hand pump. My vent cover looks similar to that airstream unit on my 64 - round with a couple disks to dissipate heat. Will try to photo today. I have dover/peerless furnace and really enjoy it - no sound, no electricity and very warm.

Back
Top Bottom