New Member with a FWC question

teleturns

Can someone tell me what year FWC started offering the extended cab larger overhead bed option? I am on a quest to purchase a FWC and this will help me narrow my options. The larger bed and more lower area space is a must.

Thanks

For the most part, the best I can tell from seeing so many campers over the years, they started selling the FWC campers with the extended bed around 1996.

But the option was not that popular and didn't catch on for a few more years.

The later models starting around 2000 or so seem to have more with the extended cabover bed.

But, back then, alot of the customers only ordered the "fixed" extended cabover bed that measured 77" x 48" and it did not have the small slide out into the camper with the extra cushions to make the bed bigger.

Starting around 2002, the extended cabover bed with the nicer camper upgrades, slide out for the extended bed, upgraded interior, power converters, etc. became more popular.

Now-a-days most all of the campers are being built with the extended cabover bed.

There are exceptions to this above, but it covers it pretty well.

Hope this helps.

====================================================

Can someone tell me what year FWC started offering the extended cab larger overhead bed option? I am on a quest to purchase a FWC and this will help me narrow my options. The larger bed and more lower area space is a must.

Thanks

Just to add to this, my 99' had the fixed 4' bed stand described above. I was interested in adding an extension and when I was talking with Ben (previous owner of FWC) he said if he recalled correctly they started adding the aluminum frame members in to most campers for the bed extension right around 99'. I popped the interior panel to check the passenger side framing and I did have it installed. I made up some slide rails and pull out portion as well as making the cushions into two pieces so I can no either have a queen sized bed using 1 cushion (sleeping perpendicular to the truck) or a king using both cushions (sleeping parallel to the truck).

Back
Top Bottom