New Skinny Boat

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
The Bride may kill me, but I purchased the Thompson Bros, Hiawatha 18 today. That will teach her to leave me alone for a weekend! :giggle: The builder can't deliver it to me until he receives the HIN from the state, but I can live with that.

hiawatha_16_1.jpg

Nice boat! Looks like it is set up for a sail rig. Are you planning on adding a sail? Should travel nicely on that new trailer too. :)

takesiteasy said:
Nice boat! Looks like it is set up for a sail rig. Are you planning on adding a sail? Should travel nicely on that new trailer too. :)
I'm not sure about the sail. A canoe over 12' in Oregon doesn't need registration until you put a motor or sail on it. Thompson Bros used a lateen sail, which I don't like. If I do, it will be a standing lug, and I will steer with a paddle like an otter tail.

Here's the trailer. I think I will put 4" risers on the back bar to raise the rear of the boats so I don't get rear-ended. Flags and lights back there, too.

image.jpeg

Congratulations! Wow, what a beautiful paddle boat. I could see myself staring at it for hours, just admiring the workmanship, but how cool will it be to get it into a nice peaceful pond of water.

Since there's two seats, maybe the Mrs will forgive you, if you invite her for the maiden voyage, especially if you pack a picnic and her preferred beverage. Maybe some roses too, just thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Canoes never had much appeal to me until I saw a Maine Gide paddle one by himself down the Allagash River.
In the right hands those things can do anything!
Congrats!!

Well, the congrats are having to turn to 'rats' :( . We are going to have to postpone the purchase of the canoe until some real estate issues resolve. Hopefully it will still be available, otherwise it's a year's wait, as the builder just does one a year.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
The Bride may kill me, but I purchased the Thompson Bros, Hiawatha 18 today. That will teach her to leave me alone for a weekend! :giggle: The builder can't deliver it to me until he receives the HIN from the state, but I can live with that.

attachicon.gif
hiawatha_16_1.jpg

Truly a work of art.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I'm not sure about the sail. A canoe over 12' in Oregon doesn't need registration until you put a motor or sail on it. Thompson Bros used a lateen sail, which I don't like. If I do, it will be a standing lug, and I will steer with a paddle like an otter tail.

Here's the trailer. I think I will put 4" risers on the back bar to raise the rear of the boats so I don't get rear-ended. Flags and lights back there, too.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Where did you get that trailer? Wanna sell it?

Back
Top Bottom