new sleeping bag

craig333

Riley's Human
Did we have the sleeping bag discussion here or was that another forum? I just ordered a new bag from sportsmansguide.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/rectangle-sleeping-bag-by-guide-gear.aspx?a=245534

Should keep me from running the heater so much. For the camper I like the larger bag and the fleece lining. I really hate nylon and mummy bags. I'll tolerate it in my backpacking bag but not in the camper.

51zAyucIlvL._AA260_.jpg

Craig, thanks for reminding me. We bought "Coleman Trutemps" from Target. These are not your children's cotton sleeping bags. They match the blue interior upholstery and kept us warm even below freezing. (And don't forget: Edna's a Mexican girl!)

Thirty-five bucks!

Did we have the sleeping bag discussion here or was that another forum? I just ordered a new bag from sportsmansguide.
http://www.sportsman...r.aspx?a=245534

Should keep me from running the heater so much. For the camper I like the larger bag and the fleece lining. I really hate nylon and mummy bags. I'll tolerate it in my backpacking bag but not in the camper.

Because we don't use sheets and pillow cases on the boat, I think I've tried maybe 15 or 20 different sleeping bags over the years, some were cheap and some weren't , I hate nylon and only owned one mummy bag which was the worst of the lot, for the last 3 yrs. I've been using a Coleman Montauk 39''x81'' it's real warm and feels like a mattress but it probably weighs 8# so it isn't one you would want to carry around. Before crab season we put 6 new ones on the boat and everybody likes them, the bad, they are made in China, I guess we lack the knowledge necessary to make a sleeping bag, or maybe it's the 25 cents an hour they get paid to make them.

That Guide Gear bag looks like a good deal.

I've been using a Slumberjack Big Timber (the 0 degree rated model, I think). Pros: Comfy flannel lining, bulletproof canvas cover, roomy and toasty warm. Cons: Heavy and bulky, and somewhat expensive. The heavy and bulky part isn't a big deal with the camper. I'm sure it will last longer than I do.

On all but the very coldest nights (single digit to below zero) I can shut off the heater when I go to sleep and stay comfortable.

The dog has her own sleeping bag :)

My husky (rip) could nap in snow melt. Yuma thinks anything under 60 is chilly. Hopefully i get the new bag before the chilly cookoff and can give a good report.

Back
Top Bottom