New Toy!

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
I had recently joined the Expedition Portal Forums and became very interested in Expedition Motorcycles. Long story short, last Saturday I rode home a brand new Suzuki DR 650!!!

I had the Dealer lower it 2" (I'm not 7' tall like they seem to expect these riders to be!!) I've since added a tank bag, rear rack and skid plate. They sure don't give this stuff away!!! So I will slowly get it outfitted for off road camping.

I've all ready got a lot of backpacking gear that I can use.

Pretty excited!! :D

I run with a DRZ400S and a Honda rancher 420. Been ridin' all my life.
There's no better way to explorer the out of way places.

Here's what you need :unsure:... Lots of storage space, 2WD with a Locker!

Congrats on the new bike!!

Attachments

• ural-2a.jpg
    ural-2a.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 90
I had recently joined the Expedition Portal Forums and became very interested in Expedition Motorcycles. Long story short, last Saturday I rode home a brand new Suzuki DR 650!!!

I had the Dealer lower it 2" (I'm not 7' tall like they seem to expect these riders to be!!) I've since added a tank bag, rear rack and skid plate. They sure don't give this stuff away!!! So I will slowly get it outfitted for off road camping.

I've all ready got a lot of backpacking gear that I can use.

Pretty excited!! :D

I've had just about every dual sport made, KTM, Honda, Kawasaki, and the DR for the last few years and I'm keepin it. I drove a borrowed one across Australia a couple months ago. I resurrected mine from the dead, literally, the guy died, bike sat for several years. Fresh juice and a carb clean and it has been running fine since. Recently I went crazy on it, pipe, airbox mod, rejet, high priced rear shock, modified the forks, new this and that. I was looking forward to riding the Colorado/San Juan passes this week but that is on hold right now but I may still make it. If you want some warm weather riding later in the year come on down! Good info on Adventure Rider, thumper forum, DR 650 thread and on Thumper Talk.

Back
Top Bottom