New truck DIY plug and turnbuckle

bmiracle

Hi

Just upgraded my truck from an 94 toyota pre Tacoma to an 06 Tundra and am thinking of doing the plug and eye bolts myself, since the RV places in town are charging $100/ hour for labor!!! I have a 2013 Eagle, anyone do this and have some tips or advise? It seems pretty strait forward.

Brian

The eye bolts were very simple. I purchased the hardware from a shop that does the installs for 45.00 and I received the measurements. Took me and my brother less then 20 mins from start to finish. My camper is a bit older so it doesn't have any clearance lights on it. I wired mine so the 2 batteries in the camper are on a closed loop system so nothing to drain the trucks battery. But the wiring itself doesn't seem to hard either. Take your time and use heat shrink butt connectors that could come in contact with weather and you will be good to go. Plus if you ever have a problem you know how it's set up and makes it much easier to fix on the trail.

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

I would recommend putting a larger plate under the bolts (Maybe 3" x 3") for strength but it's easy.

My biggest tip is to check underneath the bed before drilling to check for obstacles. Also, I found out that FWC and ATC have slightly different suggestions on where to put them in relation to where the eye bolts are on the camper.

See attached for a pdf on installation (I tried to attach it but it may not work; let me know your e-mail and I'll send it along).

Found out you can buy the wiring harness kit from four wheel for $79 and they sent me this for the eye bolt installation.

Back
Top Bottom