New VW Pop up Camper California

I saw that - so cool. Lots of creative features on that "bus." Too bad it's not available in the US.

Brought back good memories of my VW Campmobile™ days!

Pretty cool but not a lot of differences from the past versions. What about the engine, 4wheel drive, etc.?

I believe it has a turbo 2L and AWD. Fun to look at and think about all the fun and frustrations I had with my Westy. I've read that if they were available the cost would be over $100K - more if we slap a 25% import tax on European luxury cars.

I saw one in the Safeway parking lot in Boulder CO yesterday, someone apparently brought it over, still had European plates on it. It is small. Smaller than my old '86 Vanagon Westy. Why they went smaller I can't imagine. I like a van as a platform, and if I ever go that route again it will be based on the larger Nissan vans.

I noted he had lots of trouble with stuff that slides, moves, or otherwise adjusts.

The major van companies are missing the boat on what many of us want. I was lucky to score a PleasureWay Traverse back in 2008 and I'm hanging onto it for dear life.

We came across a couple from Toronto in an older model while camping in the U.P., they had not been home for two years! Mileage would be great, but $100 grand buys a lot of fuel

Back
Top Bottom