No Jack Brackets

CPT Davenport

After seeing the photos of our back road adventures, my son in law now has the FWC bug. He has found an older but pristine hawk in his price range and is pulling the trigger. This camper does not have the corner jack brackets and is currently in a barn with no means of getting it in his truck. How were these older models loaded without the jacks that attached to the four corners? Any ideas on how to safely get it in the truck by other means? Is whatever device that was used in the past still available?

Hi, Cpt., here is one possible solution:

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jacks/Brophy/CJ31.html?f

Many years ago, I was faced with a similar problem and was able to rent some crank up cable jacks at a local rental yard. You put one on either side of the camper and lift or lower it. These things are a bit sketchy and I would not make a habit of using them but it will get the Hawk out of the barn and over to your son-in-law's house.

Watch FWC videos showing them sliding a Hawk [?] into a truck....they use lifting plates / extension shafts on the side/middle of the "wings" sticking out from the floor box...

Perhaps you can rent them? RV service centers should have them; hopefully to rent or just borrow.

I have 4 new corner jacks that have not been used and will not be used except in a crisis [damage?]...so lack of jacks in many ways depending on how you used the Hawk will save you money and if you left jacks mounted perhaps save you damage to the Hawk when traveling...

Wow, pretty cool - posted at the same time. :)

Missing Link said:
Hi, Cpt., here is one possible solution:

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jacks/Brophy/CJ31.html?f

Many years ago, I was faced with a similar problem and was able to rent some crank up cable jacks at a local rental yard. You put one on either side of the camper and lift or lower it. These things are a bit sketchy and I would not make a habit of using them but it will get the Hawk out of the barn and over to your son-in-law's house.

ski3pin said:
Cable Camper Jacks

They can be scary to use but they've been used for years. Craigslist, rent, borrow?

Like others stated, you can rent those cable jacks; that's what I did. Also, if you want to eventually get jacks and brackets, I found it most economical to have ATC put the brackets on and buy the jacks (they come with the brackets ; or used to) and just price of the brackets made it an easy decision. I couldn't find any used jackets that were a good price.

Bluedog said:
I have a set of tripod jacks for you. I’m in Santa Cruz
Thanks Bluedog! Let me check in with my kids and confirm they sealed the deal. Once they get to me I will PM you and we can hopefully work something out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom